Did I miss out or save myself?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did I miss out or save myself?

These items showed up at a local estate auction from a B17 crew member who was a POW in Germany, I was lucky enough to get some of his other items but this lot went for $1000. I know the shoulder board is SS LAH and the collar tab is a rare piped one but $1000? I couldn't really find any examples of the collar tabs selling and he did have a few other repros in his items and the piping looks kind of odd colored.

LAH cypher is fake
    The lot it’s worth give or take $300 IMO

Comment

Hi

Piped collar tab with 2 pips is Postal Service.

Terry

Comment

Will need better photos of the LAH cypher to establish whether it is good or not?
        The cypher is a NCO small version, which incidentally are rare to say the least. This may have some bearing on the price paid?

Comment

Hello everyone. Thank you for the info so far. My SS collection is rather small so I was excited to have some stuff pop up at verified local estate, luckily didn't get too caught up in bidding. I was however lucky enough to acquire his named purple heart and Stalg Luft 3 ID tag and will hopefully make a nice display for it. This is the close up they have of the LAH cypher.

Comment

20mm LAH cypher looks real - so $1,000 is a small money here

Comment

I like this strap congrats to the buyer

Comment

Originally posted by chahler View Post
                LAH cypher is fake
                The lot it’s worth give or take $300 IMO
                War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.

Comment

I jumped too early With my comment I should wait for a better picture and yes indeed nice lot congrats

Comment

would like to see the prongs and or a close sharp photo, they are normal 17mm in height.

Comment

I like all of it. Too bad the postal tab is a single....The LAH strap would have been amazing as a set but a single is still outstanding with that unique small cypher, hardly seen.
                      Definitely some nice bring backs!

Comment

Originally posted by jakeman665 View Post
                        These items showed up at a local estate auction from a B17 crew member who was a POW in Germany, I was lucky enough to get some of his other items but this lot went for $1000. I know the shoulder board is SS LAH and the collar tab is a rare piped one but $1000? I couldn't really find any examples of the collar tabs selling and he did have a few other repros in his items and the piping looks kind of odd colored.

Did you win the lot with the SS sleeve eagle cutoff on the cap?

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by waffendude View Post
                          Did you win the lot with the SS sleeve eagle cutoff on the cap?

Mike
                          Hello Mike, I did win that lot yes.
                          Also thank you everyone for the info. These were really hard to find info on. Anyone have any further reading in case another one of these should show up again.
                          Hopefully the new owner enjoys them. I was hoping they'd stick at the $11 they were at all week haha.

Comment

Originally posted by John T View Post
                            I like this strap congrats to the buyer
                            Looks right, agreed.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X