Swedish SS uniform ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swedish SS uniform ?

A friend of mine got this uniform directly from an SS veteran. He says that he fought in this Swedish uniform.

Your opinion? Is the insignia oke? Is het possible that a SS man fought in a Swedish uniform in Russia?

Well, it's common that reenactors use swedish tunics in the first moths of reenacting, but I cannot believe, that a SS soldier would use a swedish tunic even with the swedish buttons...

I'd say it's a fake but let's see, what the others say about this.

Best regards, David

Comment

I dont belive that at all:
      *As we where neutral during the war, the only normal way I can think of a swedish tunic is a swedish SS volounteer, but as the swedes in SS got german uniforms, we can kind of rule that one out.
      *Why would the veteran add some extra pockets, as the re-enactros do, when the swedish M39 tunics had internal pockets?

So I think it all just sounds bogus....

Comment

Hello now.That vet just needs a little pocket money.

Comment

Originally posted by John Pic
          Hello now.That vet just needs a little pocket money.
          He gave it for free !

Comment

Originally posted by rexmundi
            A friend of mine got this uniform directly from an SS veteran. He says that he fought in this Swedish uniform.

Your opinion? Is the insignia oke?
            No

Originally posted by rexmundi
            Is het possible that a SS man fought in a Swedish uniform in Russia?
            No

Comment

The thing I notice it the stains seem oddly placed, and look like motor oil. Not what I would look for in a 60 year old combat tunic from the east.

Comment

I have heard a lot of stories of people stealing collectables from veterans and replacing the stolen items with fakes... The veteran never notices.(after all, it was just a uniform jacket to him)

That is the only thing I can think of if the veteran himself gave it to you...

There is no way this uniform was worn in WW2. I am sorry about the let down.

Best regards
                Paul

Comment

I have a documented account in my files with photos shared with me by a friend.The Story is an article that discusses an Ex-Sturmbannfuhrers tunic surviving with his daughter. She reminds him and he really didnt remember it but thought oh well I must have left it at home in the closet. The Tunic he is photographed with has a Runic tab with runes leaning at the forward angle. In my opinion the old guy was duped.

Comment

Hi,

The runic tab and the eagle are both common fakes which are both evailable on various websites including epier for about $10.00. This is a poor re-inactor frock

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X