set of metal cap isignia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

set of metal cap isignia

Hello all what do you think about this set of "baltic made" ss insignia?http://ww-2militaria.com/b/new/is/is5026/desc.htm Is it original?

To our Russian colleague.

Originally posted by Sergey
    Hello all what do you think about this set of "baltic made" ss insignia?http://ww-2militaria.com/b/new/is/is5026/desc.htm Is it original?
    Thanks for this. V. Lukacs has operated extensively in the Baltics and beyond, I believe and makes his claim to have unearthed previously unknown material in no. Europe. Surely true and of great merit. I would ask, however: has this locally made Baltic regalia for the SS survived in any Russian military museum or similar collection that can be dated before the end of the USSR? For myself, as a long time collector (1967 or so...) I had never encountered these badges, but, such an assertion is fairly empty, granted I collected from California and some from the old FRG. One is grateful for the perspective from the part of Europe where the bulk of the fighting transpired and collectors from central and eastern Europe embody a fresh, welcome perspective. Others here are much more expert than I in the regalia of these foreign legions of the W-SS.

Comment

Hello Donald I can say only that persanally I have seen ground dug metal runes for collar tab, it was made from aluminum. I have seen some photos of Latvian legioners with various insignia (panzer, early ss sculls, hand made metal runes e.t.c.). But I have never see such insignia like offered by Peter von Luckas.

Comment

Ditto the Sergey. Except ground dug runes from battle sites I have never seen such insignia.

Comment

When it comes to the Baltic SS, almost anything is possible. Look at the caps and insignia of these Latvians..........

Comment

And the cap eagle (and skull) worn by this Estonian. The eagle looks like the one in question.

Comment

Robin

Interesting photos. The problem of such items I think that is almost impossible to say for sure are they original or not.

Alex

Comment

Originally posted by pimpf
                Robin

Interesting photos. The problem of such items I think that is almost impossible to say for sure are they original or not.

Alex
                I am agree 100% with Alex. We can't determine originality of such items. And I think it is incorrect to sell them as period items.

Comment

I'm not saying they're right or wrong. I'm only saying that nothing would surprise me with Baltic stuff. What about this 'Latvian SS Ring' - an example of trench art incorporating the swastika in it's guise as the Latvian 'Fire Cross' and the SS runes.......

Comment

It's as ugly as hell, but it's hand-crafted from a Latvian 2 Lat silver coin of 1930s vintage. Would a faker take the time and trouble to make a ring like this out of a coin?? Who knows.

Comment

Here's another 'Latvian SS Ring'......with the 'sun & stars' of Latvia as used on the Latvian SS collar tab. It looks pretty convincing to me. But could it be a fake? Maybe. Who knows.

Comment

Here's an Estonian SS death's head. Look at the eyes. It's the same type as worn in photo 6 above. Is it genuine? Is it fake? Who knows.

Comment

And another. Same type, different material. Original? Fake? Who knows.

Comment

Another East European trooper wearing gear which we would write off today as fake........

Comment

Originally posted by Robin Lumsden
                              It's as ugly as hell, but it's hand-crafted from a Latvian 2 Lat silver coin of 1930s vintage. Would a faker take the time and trouble to make a ring like this out of a coin?? Who knows.

Robin I think there are a lot of such stuff in Latvia and believe 2Lat coins in reserve too
                              I think it is like Krim rings here in Russia

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X