KZL cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KZL cap

Guys, could please give me your opinion about this KZL inamte cap ; orginal or repro ?
    IMO looks to be real example ( cloth looks to be typical kzl uniforms cloth ).
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

just some things to throw out there.

. There are a few different materials used..
      Had a survivor tell me when looking at a fake uniform once,,,'the stripes were the same color inside as outside'. [we know this wasn't always true]
      Looks like a faded cap,,but the inside gray edging isn't faded..
      Most caps were made when there was extra material. Usually not so well made [inside gray edging!] , unless the person was a 'prominent'..
      There was a lot of material found after the war. Some survivors had clothing made for them when they went to postwar reunions!

Since there is no provenance,,,If you like it you really have to make the decision ,,,no 100% guarantees any of us can give you with an item like this..

Comment

Seen few originals in museums ( like Bergen Belsen musueum ) and cloth was very similar if not the same , that is why, I wrote it looks be good, when I compare it in memory with those originals I have seen, but I would like to double check
        Hope that someone who has one in his collection ( I know that not too many people collect this kind of items ), with experienc would be able to tell me from those photos, if that one was a good example or not.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X