LAH Cuff title and SS pole topper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LAH Cuff title and SS pole topper

Hey guys, I’m hoping to have someone verify the below pictured cuff title is authentic. It appears to have the correct edge detail and checkered backing, but I would definitely appreciate second opinions, as this gentleman’s collection has a handful of known fakes he’s passing off as authentic items. Normally I’d abandon the purchase, but I’m having a hard time finding a decent LAH cufftitle.

Thanks in advance!

Note: I’ll try to find a more appropriate sub forum to post about the SS pole topper before posting here
    Last edited by Longshot841; 07-03-2019, 03:06 PM.

That is not a genuine cufftitle. Sorry.

Comment

Reproduction

Comment

Originally posted by Longshot841 View Post
        It appears to have the correct edge detail
        Repros like the cuff posted have a .,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,,. edge

Originals have a ............. edge

Comment

Really obvious fake. Remember …………… reverse edges NEVER .,.,.,.,.,.,

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Hulley View Post
            Really obvious fake. Remember …………… reverse edges NEVER .,.,.,.,.,.,

Ian
            Originally posted by John4022 View Post
            Repros like the cuff posted have a .,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,,. edge

Originals have a ............. edge
            Thank you!! I had gotten the edge detail mixed up

I also had a PM suggesting this was a reddick fake for those who are interested.

Kind Regards!

Comment

Considering the individual that is selling these is asking big money for this CT and the other items he has listed on his website, should I be "outing" him for selling fakes?

Comment

Hi,

yes, i think that you can out him.

This is the second Reddick reproduction model. As the first model, the E ("N") is easy to spot as it is larger than the original variations.

See You

Vince
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by FrenchVolunteer View Post
                  Hi,

yes, i think that you can out him.

This is the second Reddick reproduction model. As the first model, the E ("N") is easy to spot as it is larger than the original variations.

See You

Vince
                  Thanks Vince! Once I had learned it was called a Reddick fake, I found your image and saw my oversights.

The gentleman who is selling these and other fakes is named Mike Morris, and his website is www.relicsofthegermanreichs.com. I tried to have a discussion with him about the fake items he was selling for thousands of dollars, and he dismissed my comments by saying he “won’t have to worry about me visiting his site anymore”. Every item I inquired about was fake, but I can’t speak to every item he has available for purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by Longshot841 View Post
                    The gentleman who is selling these and other fakes is named Mike Morris, and his website is www.relicsofthegermanreichs.com. I tried to have a discussion with him about the fake items he was selling for thousands of dollars, and he dismissed my comments by saying he “won’t have to worry about me visiting his site anymore”. Every item I inquired about was fake, but I can’t speak to every item he has available for purchase.

Recently discussed here ...

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru....php?t=1008432

You have to laugh at his desperate attempt to gain some credibility by hanging on to 'Col Tom Johnson' and mentioning his reference books.

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Hulley View Post
                      Recently discussed here ...

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru....php?t=1008432

You have to laugh at his desperate attempt to gain some credibility by hanging on to 'Col Tom Johnson' and mentioning his reference books.

Ian
                      All in all, the whole thing is pretty sad. If he is in fact selling these things, hes screwing people out of thousands upon thousands. Especially when he knows they're bogus. As funny as some of the stuff he's trying to flog is, it's a little frustrating as a relatively new collector. But I suppose the fakes are a part of the game.

Thanks to all for your help, and apologies for getting the edge detailing mixed up. Hopefully my post helps someone out!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X