SS ring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS ring

Hi guys I am waiting this ring to arrived to me its probably a gruond dug up from fallen soldier..?
    Attached Files

1,)
    Attached Files

Comment

I like the look of that enamel, looks like the correct "glass type" . Seam....certainly has some damage but imo looks consistent with ground dug......

Comment

Hard as hell to tell when in such a state, as gaspare always says “Ground dug is not a provenance.” However it does have on the cartouche some signs of a very early ring, but I’ve not seen it in this shank pattern. Too hard for me to call in that state. Maybe G will post.

Comment

original excavated ring

Comment

Original. But very in poor condition

Comment

Originally posted by Michael33 View Post
              Original. But very in poor condition

yes, but ss rings rare IMO

Comment

Real ones are extremely rare I would say! But yes I think original ring. I see a lot of areas that are consistent with ground dug items. I understand skepticism 99% of "ground dug" are fakes! Mike and G would love to hear their thoughts as both have a wealth of knowledge. But for me good ring!

Comment

ground dug means nothing..

So this is a good known pattern. Displays things most copies do not have..

Problem is that the things you would look for to determine authenticity you can't see because of the ground dug effect or it really being from the ground!
                  It is in relic condition. And yes SS runic rings are rare in any condition..
                  So what do you pay for something like this? My opinion, as little as possible. IF you don't have one I still wouldn't pay a small fortune for it,,couple hundred max fine.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X