BrunoMado

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question Regarding Rank Insignia for Camo Uniform Items (Vorderseite)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lloyd I. View Post
    Infrequently. Yes, you will find the occasional image of this however it is anathema to the vast majority showing it not being done.

In this example an SS-Scharführer during the period of tab removal order and this predates the issuance of formalized Rangabzeichen für die Tarnuniform. As does the following Gebirgs uniform wear by an SS-Oberscharführer. Photographic evidence of this is something you have to hunt for versus the plethora of images where this is not done.
    IMHO they are the early rank in use before the introduction of new Official Regulations from 22.August 1942

one stripe for SS-Unterfuhrer (NCOs from unterscharfuhrer to sturmscharfuhrer)

two stripes for SS-Fuhrer (untersturmfuhrer - hauptsturmfuhrer)

three stripes for SS-Stabsfuhrer (sturmbannfuhrer and above).

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=379796

Comment

Thanks Höhe 112, the photograph in post #2 in the link you provided is very interesting as it shows the stripes going round the sleeve. This was ordered in the September 1937 SS-Befehlsblatt for the SS-VT and SS-TV as an amendment to the original announcement in 1936 for the stripe rank system.

Comment

Stripes white, silver, or?

Very interesting! Is there any specification for the stripes? Are they made of NCO Tresse, a cloth braid strip, or?

Does anyone here have experience with known originals, who could comment
        on what they were made of?

Any information would be most appreciated! Thanks!
        John

Comment

Tresse.

Comment

John,
            The original 1936 specifications for the SS-VT and SS-TV rank stripes were for the motoring outfit and the motorcyclist's overcoat. They stated that:
            "The stripes are 8 cm long and 1 cm thick. They are applied as matte silver litzen in the case of the driving suits and as a white rubber strip with rubber lining in the case of the driving coats in order to avoid damage. They are glued onto the right upper arm 15 cm below the shoulder in a horizontal position."

Comment

Originally posted by John A. View Post
              Very interesting! Is there any specification for the stripes? Are they made of NCO Tresse, a cloth braid strip, or?
              I have in a collection the samples rank stripes from the producer. Rank stripes are produced by method of the color press.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hohe, I would agree those appear to be the earlier ones, in the Lloyd's two pics and not the green ones.

The pic with Pea-Dot and the stripes is fantastic. I don't think I've seen a period pic before of that. Thank you for posting it.

Comment

Here is another.

Directly between Kurt Peters of III/Panzer-Grenadier Regiment 37, 17.SS-Panzergrenadier-Division Götz von Berlichingen and LT. Paul Unger, 2nd Armored Division who is searching Peters is an SS-Obersturmführer in DOT44 tunic. The Tarnuniform Rangabzeichen can be seen sewn just above the arm eagle.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Wow Lloyd - I've seen that pic several times and never let me eye beyond the main man. Thanks for posting the large version and pointing it out. Duly noted.

Comment

Great pics and information!! Thanks!!

Outstanding information, folks! Thank you very much for sharing!!

John

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X