JR. on WAF - medamilitaria@gmail.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can this be a genuine 'Alter Kämpfer Winkel'?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can this be a genuine 'Alter Kämpfer Winkel'?

This badge has been in my collection for many years...but I always have found it a bit different than the 'traditional' model. What do you think? It might be even from another organisation and not specifically SS....All comments are most welcome!

Best regards,

Coco
    Attached Files
    Pls. have also a look at my web-site: www.hiscoll.com

sigpic

Looks fine to me. Worn by SS and police.

Comment

Moi aussi

Often these are on an Unterlage, and the ends of the chevron are folded over, but this piece looks right. Colleague Lumsden has a very clear picture of one in his Black Corps book and the Whammond website has illustrations of these (i.e. real ones..), too. They are very nice to find, untouched, on black uniforms. They were an important item of regalia in Himmler's cosmos.

Comment

Three examples.
        One with no tag, one that has been on a uniform with the remains of a RZM tag and one on black wool backing.
        Attached Files

Comment

Close up
          Attached Files

Comment

Reverse
            Attached Files

Comment

I don't get It!

I have collected militatria off and on for years, I'm not really an insignia guy. Can someone tell me what these are??? Who wares them, etc. I have never seen a cut and dried explanation.

Thanks

Eric

Comment

the chevron looks original to me as well although i think it has been removed from its backing
                cheers,
                Gary

Comment

As far as I know the 'alte kapfer winkle' or old fighters chevron was only authorized for wear by members that were in the party prior to 1933. There was also one witha star (pip) that was for past members of the police or Wehrmacht in addition to party membership.

Here is an interesting variation, an army rank patch used as one on a SS cav officers combat tunic.
                  Attached Files
                  http://militarycollectorshq.com/

sigpic

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X