Armband and temp camp guard tab opinions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Armband and temp camp guard tab opinions please

Here is a collar tab I’m pretty confident in as a Dauchau with moth damage.
    Attached Files

Now..... the armband....hope it’s not reddick crap.....
    Attached Files

Comment

Fake labels on the armband … the ribbon that the swastika and borders are made from is also a-typical. I would leave it alone.

Ian

Comment

Thanks, thought it looked too good..lol. But not my first burn. I’m an edged weapons collector.

Comment

You know....it is of course my own fault on the armband. I should have done my due diligence and homework before I purchased it. But that aside, what bothers me more than anything..... is the lack of personal integrity and honesty on behalf of the so called dealer from which it was purchased. I have been a collector for twenty years now......and my reputation, my word.....is not worth any amount. Things of this nature will always continue as long as greed exists I know. However, it leaves a stain upon us all as long as unscrupulous carrion like this continues to permeate our ranks. Now I feel better...lol.

Comment

A beginning
            Attached Files

Comment

Found this on Germania international.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by HunterSS View Post
                Found this on Germania international.
                With respect (and fully expecting the usual deluge of abuse by PM from G.I.s groupees) you should never use that site as a point of reference.

Ian

Comment

I appreciate your comments. Just thought it was funny that the same armband that was confirmed as a reproduction showed up on a dealers site. Information that I thought would be interesting to our forum members and or as a red flag to others searching for an SS armband. Per the previous information given here by our members I still keep mine in the junk box of my Militaria mistakes as a reminder to myself. I hope this thread might help others from making the same mistake I did. But..... someone will buy that armband.... and it will possibly show up here with some collector being disheartened as was I. Don’t get to help other collectors as much as I would like so I thought this might.

Comment

The couple running Germania International are crooked as a dogs hind leg , do not deal with them , totally dis honest and unscrupulous people . Ask me how I know .

Comment

It's from Germania International. Nuff sed. It's bad.

Comment

Beware of them

hansel and gretel will stick one in your nickers.

Comment

Oh I agree. Had this armband from a deal in Raleigh at our state Militaria show about a year or so back. Took it in trade on a deal..... before I found out is was bad. Wonder if GI would buy mine.... lol. Glad I’ve got some people looking at it as well as the twilight zone where they are also selling the same bad armbands. Thanks for all the comments..... hope it stops someone from getting it.
                          Regards, Mike Barnette

Comment

oh my God germania international

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X