Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Little Flemish War Booty!

Hi Everyone,

I thought some of you might be interested to see this collection of "booty", recently acquired by myself from the familiy of a Parachute Regiment veteran.

The veteran concerned was captured at Arnhem and spent the remainder of the war as a POW at Stalag 2a, Neubrandenburg.

Following the camp's liberation by advancing Russian troops, the POW's were moved into the SS barracks, from whence he snaffled this little lot.

Enjoy!

Best,
    Toby.

Absolutely fabulous Tony Would you mind telling me what battalion this brave chap was in?

Thanks, from Jack.

Comment

Is this posible

That is just the find of the year!
      Congrats you lucky b.....d!

Cheers
      Øyvind

Comment

Detail:
        Attached Files

Comment

Toby.

I know the story behind this little lot............Lewis doesn't live far away.

Well done on obtaining the haul.

If you decide to part with the flag...........I'm your man.

Comment

Oh.......and did you get all the rest as well? The M43 cap, the collar tabs, the eagles, etc. etc.??

Comment

Detail 002:

@ Robin - yes, everything! More pics to follow.

@ Jack - in my excitement, I can't remember. I will find out and let you know.

Best,
              Toby.
              Attached Files

Comment

The group is fantastic. The officer's Flandern cuff title is rare and missing from most collections, including mine! I hate to say I am envious, but I am!

Wunderbar,
                Bob Hritz
                In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

OMG, that is fabulous! ...and I didn't even notice the flag till Robin mentioned it. That's an instant collection! Congratulations!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hritz
                    The group is fantastic. The officer's Flandern cuff title is rare and missing from most collections, including mine! I hate to say I am envious, but I am!

Wunderbar,
                    Bob Hritz

Bob.
                    That's the tip of the iceberg. When you see what else is in this group, your hair will stand on end.
                    And, apparently, the relative of the vet concerned was about to throw a lot of it on the fire!

Comment

Originally posted by Robin Lumsden
                      Bob.
                      That's the tip of the iceberg. When you see what else is in this group, your hair will stand on end.
                      And, apparently, the relative of the vet concerned was about to throw a lot of it on the fire!
                      Robin,

Have you seen something I haven't? What you see above (M43 aside) is the pick of the collection.

As to burning the docs, that is correct, until they realised what everything was worth. I had to bid against several other UK dealers to acquire it. Consequently, as you can imagine, it was far from cheap.

Best,
                      Toby.

Comment

Outstanding ! Congrats !

This is a dream for the Flemish collaboration collectors.

Comment

Toby.

I understood there were many more cuff titles, some SS collar tabs and a 'box of cloth' - eagles, shoulder straps etc., as well as big selection of British paratroop insignia including 4 Pegasus patches. Perhaps they went elsewhere. I know the seller was on the net trying to see what everything was worth.

Even so, that's a great selection you have there. Some of the SS paperwork has KL entries I believe.

Comment

Beautiful little teaser you have shown us...now please give us the complete show. I would love to have some of that in my collection.

Greg

Comment

Brilliant !!

As the proverbial parrot would say ......."Who's a lucky boy then ! "

And there's more ?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X