• Show
Clear All

Tropical SS skull "cut off" on E-Stand opinion

Hello Guys,
    I need your opinion please.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru....php?t=1004247

Thanks.
    U571.

There is nothing wrong with this skull . . .
    if you are asking is it period to the piece of material ?
    Who knows ?
    Regards David

Comment

B
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Stossgruppe3 View Post
        There is nothing wrong with this skull . . .
        if you are asking is it period to the piece of material ?
        Who knows ?
        Regards David
        Yes, that's what I wrote. I know this kind of stuff will be always discussed.
        Like the most cut offs.

But unfortunately I have no way to proof 100% exact when was it sewn?

I like this piece and the way it's sewn. But for sure some people will not like.

In the end you have to be happy with it

Kind regards

Comment

I have been looking at the badge and material . . . IMO
          All seems well the stitching on the back matches that of the cap too.
          As this is Italian material it all could have made at the same time.
          I'd be happy with it . . .
          Regards David

Comment

Tk

I agree with David, it seems like a well executed piece and such a combination has been seen before. I’d have it in my collection. The question is at what price, but the estand market will determine that.

Paul

Comment

thank you guys for your opinion

Comment

I would consider it to be a skull added to fabric made to appear to be from the cap. Since it is being compared to the one in the Beaver book, it is rather easy to note the front seam on the cap piece is different.

Not all cut offs are controversial. In fact most non-SS ones are rather easy to authenticate.

How much does just a SS skull like this cost?
                Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

The problem with field made caps in Italian camouflage is you never know if they are post war assembled. If this TK was just stitched to a piece of Italian camouflage post war (which in my opinion is really most likely) then you are paying 3 times it’s value. You can buy Italian camouflage tent ends for under $100 and (unless the market has really changed) a tropical TK for about $120.

Comment

Originally posted by dhunter93 View Post
                    The problem with field made caps in Italian camouflage is you never know if they are post war assembled. If this TK was just stitched to a piece of Italian camouflage post war (which in my opinion is really most likely) then you are paying 3 times it’s value. You can buy Italian camouflage tent ends for under $100 and (unless the market has really changed) a tropical TK for about $120.
                    my thoughts as well. The cheapest and most common skull....I collect SS cut offs
                    DaveJ

Comment

Thank you for your opinion.
                      Many thanks.
                      U571.

Comment

[QUOTE=Pionier1803;8456348]

That's just my two Cents

By the way. If any of you have a tropical skull for 120$ (whats about 100€) I would be glad to buy it. Do not know what are your prices in US, but in EU it's hard to get a skull much cheaper than 200€.
                        I just try to remember when I have seen the last skull on estand for about 120$.

But maybe I am just too stupid and buy my stuff too expensive

I have to agree . . .
                        Yes I'd buy a used tropical skull for €120
                        You are way out . . . This item should be in the region of €300
                        Its a very nice item the skull and the material grew up together
                        with close inspection you can see the highlights on the material
                        I know its a strange thing to say but these tropical skulls are becoming quite sort after now~days
                        Regards David

Comment

Thank you David.

My last post was deleted for sounding rude. I want to apologies if somebody felt attacked by my post, as this was not my intention.

I just wanted to say my point of view.

So the photos from the Bando book are just to compare that skulls were also sewn this way - without folding all the left over material.

And I think the price/value will always be what a buyer is ready to pay for.

As I said, some will like this piece, some not. And this is ok.
                          In the end it will sell for the money that is somone ready to pay for my piece. Or maybe it does not sell anyway. I do not know.

But in my opinion the stated price of 120$ (about 100€) for a tropical skull is pretty cheap.
                          In EU even the unused tropical skull are selling for about 200€.

But as said. I will see what the offers say. If it does not sell - also ok.

As also said in my last post. Thanks for your opinion and I surely did not wanted to attack anybody

https://militariaplaza.nl/headgear-i...skull-4-detail

https://www.hiscoll.com/shop.php?ps=1

https://www.ulricofengland.com/prods..._/g008136.html

http://jimsmilitariacollection.com/s...cal-cap-skull/

https://militariaplaza.nl/headgear-i...l-skull-detail

Comment

Originally posted by dhunter93 View Post

I don’t think you guys followed my point and clearly missed my “unless the market changed” statement. Tropical TK’s have always been plentiful and cheap in the past.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X