Dutch Volunteer Shield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dutch Volunteer Shield

I recently bought a collection of a WW2 vet who also collected into the 1960s. Almost everything was good. There were a few unusual items. This shield was there , at first I thought it might be an old fake but in looking at I'm not so sure. Anyhow comments appreciated.
    Attached Files

Good one

Comment

I think this one is OK.

The basic construction and materials look correct, but normally the shield is orange, not yellow as this one appears to be. I have 2 originals in my collection obtained in a veteran grouping that contained a high percentage of NSKK items. One of them is on a coarse orange cloth and the other is on a finer weave orange cloth.

By the way, it is for a Flemish (Belgian) volunteer in the NSKK, not a Dutch volunteer in the SS.

Alen

Comment

I don't think this has seen the light of day since about 1965.

Comment

nice!

Comment

Indeed for volunteers from the Flemish part of Belgium who volunteered as truck drivers for the NSKK,
            usually with orange backing, albeit the fact that yellow is a typical Flemish color...

Comment

Looks like a nice variant. I have seen these on both wool and cotton cloth.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X