Printed cap eagle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Printed cap eagle

Here is something interesting that those who have researched the late war SS printed insignia may like to see.

The only other one I have seen of this pattern is on a cut off owned by Bob Hritz which is printed on white or grey rather than green. This example appears to be from the same screen print and was sewn on at some point in the same fashion. Interesting also are the visible dash lines for cutting like on printed volunteer shields.

I am unable to say whether these are original or not unless things have moved on since this thread?

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...nted+cap+eagle

It certainly is an interesting curiosity and why one green??

Best regards,

Patrick
    Attached Files

Printed

Hi Patrick,

Very interesting eagle. First time I have seen one in green. Here is an example from an old issues of the Military Adviser Magazine (90s time frame). It is from an article on Cloth SS Headgear Insignia, by Frank Thayer. The eagle matches up well to the green one you posted and to Bob Hritz's cutt-off cap. Interesting and rare pieces. Thanks for posting the green version.

Paul
    Attached Files

Comment

Very interesting! I really like that older thread. I've never seen that one!!

Comment

The material and printing is what I'd expect to see on an original - pretty neat and stands a good chance of being original.

s/f Robert

Comment

The green eagle is wonderful and I would love to have it in my collection. I know that many collectors disbelieve these, but I am comfortable with printed insignia.

Bob Hritz
          In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Eagle

Hi Bob,

Thank you for posting your thoughts on the printed eagle. I know there are a lot of us who really value your input.

Paul

Comment

Many thanks all for the comments- great to hear as I was fully expecting to get shot down in flames on this one!
              I would have loved to have seen the cap that this bird was on!

Comment

Same cloth and ink used for camo ranks grades : ok for me !
                Nick

Comment

imo a rare and good one.

oli

Comment

Originally posted by GAMS1 View Post
                    Same cloth and ink used for camo ranks grades : ok for me !
                    Nick
                    Good point! Compare!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Nick- great comparison! Absolutely the same material- it is very thin and flimsy.

So we know the camo cap insignia was only authorised for a very short period earlier in the war- this must have been intended for a camo cap due to the colour?! I would guess it came off a late war made camo M43 type hat ??

Comment

its a beauty
                        congrats

Comment

Wow, what a rare bird! Not everyday you get to discover something new, thank you for sharing. Probably the only one in existence too.

Comment

Is the fabrik cotton or rayon silk?

Comment

It's rayon silk. It is the same shade and material used to make the green armbands and camo sleeve insignia, as well as volunteer printed sleeve shields.

s/f Robert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X