X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deschler on E-Stand.

Two points concerning this M1/52 skull:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru....php?t=1001288

1. I may be and probably am wrong but the teeth seem to be lacking in detail. Maybe it is just worn down from time and handling. Opinions?

2. I sent a PM to Dave Suter regarding this ad. Waiting to hear back from him. This guy is charging what basically amounts to a 10% restocking fee, if you return the item to him.
    Claiming that he should keep 10% for the inconvenience and time involved if skull is returned.
    Not exactly kosher conduct, is it??!
    I thought that the E-Stand had a full money back guarantee if returned in same condition in the 7 day window.
    He's a new member and has no posts of anything other then selling.

The pictures are horrible, but this skull is not original, imo. The details on the back side are hideous, especially the teeth being way too high from the bottom of the huge, offset chin area. Also, the suture lines on the back side are wrong.
    Even if that isn't enough, that ugly casting defect under the eye socket on the front side should confirm almost anyone's doubts. It even has defects inside of the crossbones and in other places, if you look closely, (and this is without even having decent photos). Just my thoughts,

Chris

Comment

I wondered on that one myself thinking it maybe ground dug but agree the backside is odd.

Comment

For future reference.
        Attached Files

Comment

I saw this TK couple times in the past and I see no problems with, nor did I ever had.
          I think its just bad pictured. Better and clearer pictures are a must imo.

Comment

Yes better daylight pics would do this skull looking good,and I also like this one
            and if a buyer will make a purchase the E-stand rules gives you a 7 day inspection
            and full refund if item are sent back in same condition...

Comment

Originally posted by beuwulf View Post
              Yes better daylight pics would do this skull looking good,and I also like this one

and if a buyer will make a purchase the E-stand rules gives you a 7 day inspection

and full refund if item are sent back in same condition...
              Can an admin/mod tell him the rules for a full refund to him? He is putting that on every sale post, that he keep 10% if it is sended back.

Comment

Originally posted by Persoons_Karst View Post
                Can an admin/mod tell him the rules for a full refund to him? He is putting that on every sale post, that he keep 10% if it is sended back.

I’ve sent him a pm .....and removed all his sales threads until they comply with the rules

Comment

For me original with some kinds of strange corrosion etc

Comment

IMO skull is orginal .
                    Looks like dug .
                    Sometimes after spending a lots of time in ground the surface and the metal structure could be looking like cast artefacts.
                    Also metal could be partialy melted by ground pressure during the years this way the proportions could look strange.
                    For me most importent is the fact how the alloy is aged and in my opinion it's looking correctly.
                    But to be honest based on those pics everybody could make mistake.
                    Peter

Comment

Well spotted and flagged up!
                      Gentlemen estand needs an eye on it ! Keep up the good work

Kind regards Chay

Comment

Originally posted by TP Alexander View Post
                        2. I sent a PM to Dave Suter regarding this ad. Waiting to hear back from him. This guy is charging what basically amounts to a 10% restocking fee, if you return the item to him.
                        Claiming that he should keep 10% for the inconvenience and time involved if skull is returned.
                        Not exactly kosher conduct, is it??!
                        I thought that the E-Stand had a full money back guarantee if returned in same condition in the 7 day window.
                        He's a new member and has no posts of anything other then selling.
                        That is a lie, I connect a little and I participate little but not only selling posts.

I request 10% if it is returned for cover the PayPal rates and shipping costs with the tracking number.
                        I'm selling. I do not want a bad evaluation of the buyer to end up costing me time and money.

I do not know if is kosher but seems fair to me.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TP Alexander View Post
                          Two points concerning this M1/52 skull:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru....php?t=1001288

1. I may be and probably am wrong but the teeth seem to be lacking in detail. Maybe it is just worn down from time and handling. Opinions?
                          As for the evaluation of the skull I will put a comparison with another Deschler from my collection.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X