4 pleated pocket black tunic early.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 pleated pocket black tunic early.

Check this tunic out.Early 4 pleated pocket black tunic.Sepp and officer. Note lower pockets they are full lower pockets! https://www.google.com/search?q=sepp..._iRh1IyFn_CNhM
    Last edited by Nick E; 05-02-2019, 10:45 PM. Reason: Change descrip

Last edited by Nick E; 05-03-2019, 09:53 AM. Reason: Doubke,post

Comment

Anyone ever saw a black SS tunic like this elsewhere?

Comment

for future reference - SS-Obergruppenführer Fritz Weitzel, Höherer SS- und Polizeiführer Nord left.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Lloyd I. View Post
          for future reference - SS-Obergruppenführer Fritz Weitzel, Höherer SS- und Polizeiführer Nord left.
          Thx! Never saw this elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick E View Post
            Thx! Never saw this elsewhere.

Right, Wietzel's dienstrock does not follow the standard cut we expect for Allgemeine uniforms.

Comment

Originally posted by Lloyd I. View Post
              Right, Wietzel's dienstrock does not follow the standard cut we expect for Allgemeine uniforms.
              Exactly.But was he the only one? This is really early..so,possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick E View Post
                Exactly.But was he the only one? This is really early..so,possible.

No. Don't miss the fact that Sepp's tunic has the pleated pockets too. Early SS uniforms were often made locally, so anomalies existed en masse. The continuing struggle, at least for the last 50 years that I have been collecting, has been to not let the legions of fakers and fraudulent dealers to capitalize on that fact with their buttloads of fantasy bull$hit . . .

Comment

I think that that there is no question that many variations existed during this period with black uniform. There is a three button front example published in the Ballantine SS Regalia book from the early 70s and the US Army museum system has an example that I assume to be original that uses inverted pleats on the chest pockets.
                  Note the position of the title being worn by Sepp.

Comment

Is it my eyes or is Fritz Weitzel's uniform also missing its shoulderstrap?

Comment

Originally posted by krikke1980 View Post
                      Is it my eyes or is Fritz Weitzel's uniform also missing its shoulderstrap?
                      This around 32 I think..SA didn't have shoulderstraps yet either.

Comment

For the SA, they were introduced in 1933, so that makes sense as the SS was still under SA leadership.
                        Erich
                        Festina lente!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X