SS-RZM marked Cavalry spur?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS-RZM marked Cavalry spur?

Thoughts on this single SS-RZM marked Cavalry spur?
    Fantasy?
    Attached Files

I saw a pair for sale in 2010 and not knowing if they are real I asked the same question here. Below is the link to my original thread with photos. Same marking by the way. Right now I think they might have a good chance to be real, but it is only a speculation, not a statement.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=426041

Jack

Comment

It IS a German type spurr. That I know.
      I wonder if RZM produced Spurr seems a little stretched...

Comment

Originally posted by FESTUNGBREST View Post
        It IS a German type spurr. That I know.
        I wonder if RZM produced Spurr seems a little stretched...
        Well it RZM codes appear on canteens, leather goods (back packs. dagger frogs etc)
        it could appear on spurs even...Maybe not for the SS Cavalry but the Algemeine SS Reiterschulen perhaps?
        and why go through the trouble and fake it and offer only a single?

Comment

Spurs were definitely listed in the SS Price Lists as well as the Kleiderkasse catalogue from 1940. However what raises a question for me is the hybrid nature of the stamp.
          The code plus date configuration seen here is usually accompanied by a "VA" and the runes. RZM stamps usually have the item M code.

Comment

There were many different items marked for SS in this fashion: maker code with two digit year code plus SS and RZM in circles. Below pictures I posted in 2010 in other thread. Identical spurs (pair) with same marking. I passed on them back then, since I wasn't sure if they were legit. I never saw ones posted or in real life before and after. The one that started that thread is my second time. If these were really fakes, more should be circulating around, I think.

Jack
            Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X