SS Camo Eagle for review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Camo Eagle for review

Hello I would like to have some thoughts and discussion on the Waffen SS Camo Eagle.

Thank you.
    Attached Files

Very interesting shade of chocolate brown - but definitely an original one.

s/f Robert

Comment

orig. bevo…..never seen this

Comment

We've discussed these before … the base eagle is 100% original, the colour however is dividing opinions. They seem to come in the brown as per yours and a green colour (NOT the same green as the camo cap insignia sets)

Ian.

Comment

Thanks Ian, I missed the earlier discussion. The color does not look like a post-war treatment to me, and would consider this as yet another shade of brown / tan for the time being.

s/f Robert

Comment

Originally posted by RobertE View Post
            Thanks Ian, I missed the earlier discussion. The color does not look like a post-war treatment to me, and would consider this as yet another shade of brown / tan for the time being.

s/f Robert
            Robert I'm thinking the brown color looks off due to the red background, it looks like the camera is picking up red hues or maybe not ? maybe a picture in natural light would help without the red background
            Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
            teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Lenny, you're right it would help to have a neutral background. I have seen dark brown bevo SS insignia, just don't if it's a match for this shade.

s/f Robert

Comment

It's definitely a real interesting piece.
                Cheers
                Dave

Comment

It is a scan and the color is just as it appears, will post one without red cloth later.

Thank you.

Comment

original and nice arm eagle
                    personally, i believe these were made in camo green and brown
                    I can't see why not considering cap skulls and eagles were made
                    I probably am in the minority with my beliefs as many don't agree they were made
                    I'd love to hear this one came directly from a vet and has perfect provenance !!??
                    regards
                    wisches

Comment

Raymond is it a sleeve eagle or cap eagle?

Comment

It's a sleeve eagle.

Comment

Wow never seen before! Only familiar with cap eagles in brown or green!

Comment

Eagle

Hi,

To add to the discussion, here is a green sleeve eagle I saw in November 2018.
                            There have certainly been yellow/gold tropical sleeve eagles dyed before.
                            However, some of these green/brown sleeve eagles appear legit to me. You would
                            have to hold in it hand to really tell - my experience is that the welt on the dyed yellow/gold tropical eagles gets stiff and discolored from its usual bright black.

Paul
                            Attached Files

Comment

I also don't believe this type of material won't dye . . . as it should
                              some of these are correct with good even colours from the thread
                              Regards David

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X