No announcement yet.

General SS Visor Cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is very disheartening. I detest it when people mess with original items. So sad, no care for the history of the piece. I messed with one item once, everyone told me it was not supposed to be that way, I removed the trap and learned it was original applied. Never again do I do that.

Comment

my mistake--I thought it was this one:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-ww...n4y:rk:23:pf:0
      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

How would anyone know when that officer chincord was put on?

To be honest, if it was a period promotion and the owner bothered to put on an officer chincord, why didn't he also put on officer sidebuttons?

And any scratches on the skull would have been there already since it was originally worn as an NCO cap with NCO chinstrap to begin with.

What's disheartening is to see an NCO visor that someones messed with and added an officer chincord.

It is what it is, a nice NCO visor cap with correct configuration.

Comment

Because it's a Sonderanfertigung cap so the chances are high that the cords were added during the period by an Officer candidate.

Comment

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=585649

See above for an Officers Sonderanfertigung cap with the exact same cords.
            Attached Files

Comment

you never got the cap in hands and make such a comment.
              If you would exame it closely you would see its there since ever with all its traces of positioning. Its not the only cap with such a period chin cord style that is well known to people who study such material well enough.

Originally posted by Sonderkommando View Post
              How would anyone know when that officer chincord was put on?

To be honest, if it was a period promotion and the owner bothered to put on an officer chincord, why didn't he also put on officer sidebuttons?

And any scratches on the skull would have been there already since it was originally worn as an NCO cap with NCO chinstrap to begin with.

What's disheartening is to see an NCO visor that someones messed with and added an officer chincord.

It is what it is, a nice NCO visor cap with correct configuration.

Comment

Very sad it's been altered. The original strap made it a rare item.
                I don't think this has been done for aesthetic purposes. It has been changed purely for a fast resale for a higher price as shown by it cropping up for sale again so quickly

Comment

Originally posted by I Claudius View Post
                  The original strap made it a rare item.

It is NOT the original cord, the original cord was an NCO strap as evidenced by the sidebuttons.

The one Ben shows has the officer sidebuttons and that one I would say is an original upgrade, but this one could have been done any time since there is no provenance going back to the period for it.

I know it is a "special model" but there is just as much of a chance it was worn only by an NCO and never someone who was promoted to officer.

Robert has owned it and says there is evidence the officer cord was on there for a long time.....it could have easily been swapped out in the '50's for all anyone knows and would show 60 years of it being on there.

My point is, it's not ruined by the replacement of the NCO strap, it is what it is....a nice NCO cap in it's original configuration.

Comment

it could be the 50´s or 60´s by an advanced collector or easily in 38´s by a promoted NCO and for that the chances are quite higher.
                    Attached Files

Comment

one H.Wille mint one with the right sitting EM/NCO leather cord, nice flat attached
                      Attached Files

Comment

that is the case, go for the money nothing else to find another one with this promotion search for years or decades

Originally posted by I Claudius View Post
                        Very sad it's been altered. The original strap made it a rare item.
                        I don't think this has been done for aesthetic purposes. It has been changed purely for a fast resale for a higher price as shown by it cropping up for sale again so quickly

Comment

Originally posted by Sonderkommando View Post
                          The one Ben shows has the officer sidebuttons and that one I would say is an original upgrade, but this one could have been done any time since there is no provenance going back to the period for it.
                          Wrong, the cap I posted a link to is an Officers cap with velvet band.
                          It's relevant to this thread however because of the celleon cords which are uncommon and not the typical type.

If only one black cap had been found with these type cords, well you could rightly say that they were probably added post war.

But to find two and just on this forum alone is worth noting. (plus I have seen others)

Comment

Out of curiosity, how often are these celleon cords seen with that reverse twist on the black caps?

Comment

Have Seen around 4 or 5 pieces in 30 years.
                              Never have seen such cords pershible on the market nor in resale. This one was also UV negative.
                              My ex cap was a vet purchase from the old days in Canada and got it from one collector friend of mine in Canada close to 20 years ago.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X