Question on (2) SS EM Bevo runic collar tabs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question on (2) SS EM Bevo runic collar tabs

I have a question regarding two SS EM Bevo-style runic collar tabs.

The tab shown on the left is what I would call "textbook", at least on the obverse. Looking at the reverse, I'm not used to seeing a cardboard-style insert. Is this a known variation of the reverse?

The tab on the right, has what I would view as a "textbook" reverse (minus the slight mothing). The obverse seems to have a more subdued grey thread work on the runes, as opposed to a brighter, more silver color that I'm used to seeing. Is this a standard color variation, or perhaps slight "box soiling"?

Thanks for any input.
    Attached Files

I can comment on the Bevo runic tab with the cardboard backing saying that it is "textbook" both obverse as well as reverse.
    I believe that there are three different styles of backing for the Bevo collar tabs, all of which are acceptable "textbook" styles.

I do not know what percentage of each style of backing was used during the manufacture of these late war Bevo collar tabs, but I would assume that the cardboard backing was quite late due to lack of supply(?).

There is no issue with the "textbook" Bevo tab on the right regarding collar/tone of weave.

I hope that this helps.

Vilja

Comment

I would say 2/3 or more of the BeVo runic tabs have the multi layer white gauze backing. Perhaps 10% have cardboard and the rest have normal buckram.

Alen

Comment

Thanks, Vilja and Alen, for the good input.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X