panzer SS shoulder boards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

panzer SS shoulder boards

Got a couple of shoulder boards. My question is: are they good, bad copy or terrible repro

TIA
    and Merry Xmas,

Carles
    Attached Files

Hi Carles
    I'm not great with shoulder boards
    but i like the piping material and keyhole button holes and the tongues
    I haven't handled many but i'm going to say good but please wait for more experienced opinions.
    Cheers
    Dave.

Comment

Thanks Dave,

Would these pics help? I got these recently but I'm not interested in WSS items so I have to decide what to do with them.

Carles
      Attached Files

Comment

I like the piping, but shoulderboards are a minefield I don't tread in much.

Comment

That's two fairly positive answers carles i'm sure someone with more experience will comment soon.
          Cheers
          Dave.

Comment

Thanks Dave,

I got another positive feedback via PM.

I posted them because they came on an original WH panzer wrap. Seller had stated they were repro, perhaps because they are not Wehrmacht model, but on hand the touch made me think they could be original. Wool is a bit rough, just as original material, and piping is smooth and silky. I would prefer some Wehrmacht shoulder boards for the wrap, but I would hate to sell as repro if original...SS. Anyhow, I will keep them till I find the right set to replace them.

Carles

Comment

Gents,

I'm not experienced in uniforms, and less even in SS items. My main area are MG34s and Panzer hardware. I would like to hear from some more experienced members about these shoulder boards.

TAI,

Carles

Comment

Boards appear correct in basic construction but personally I'm not a fan of the wool used, both the black and field grey.

Comment

Thanks,

Boards seem to be matching unissued pair. On hand the wool doesn't look so "wooly" as in the pics. Perhaps it is due to the afternoon sun light, high res. pics and boards almost mint. Anyhow, there isn't much difference between the wool of the wrap and that of the boards.

Carles
                  Attached Files

Comment

Not very promising, although the construction in itself is clearly within the acceptance range...
                    How is your score so far?...

Comment

I'm having a lot of trouble saying exactly why I do not like these, but I don't. Perhaps a hands on inspection might change my mind, but from the pictures, I don't like them. Sorry I cannot be more definitive.

Al

Comment

Originally posted by FESTUNGBREST View Post
                        Not very promising, although the construction in itself is clearly within the acceptance range...
                        How is your score so far?...
                        Three positive and three have some issues. Well, seems I'm about there...not clear they are bad but not definitely good...either. At least better than I had at they beginning. At least none has said "Fake!"

Carles

Comment

Originally posted by me6_130 View Post
                          Three positive and three have some issues. Well, seems I'm about there...not clear they are bad but not definitely good...either. At least better than I had at they beginning. At least none has said "Fake!"

Carles
                          True, but I would lean to a nay in all honesty; since what I also like to see in originals (i.e. little details in stitching) lack in these examples.

Comment

Originally posted by Zauberflöte View Post
                            True, but I would lean to a nay in all honesty; since what I also like to see in originals (i.e. little details in stitching) lack in these examples.
                            Thanks for that input. I imagine you mean the kind of stitching you can see on these other straps posted recently:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...62#post8334362

Do you get that kind of stitching with rayon pipping straps also?

Carles
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by me6_130 View Post
                              Thanks for that input. I imagine you mean the kind of stitching you can see on these other straps posted recently:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...62#post8334362

Do you get that kind of stitching with rayon pipping straps also?

Carles
                              Precisely!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X