• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FrenchVolunteer View Post
    Hi,

i think that the answer is unconfirmed.

See You

Vince
    They are Italian SD men of SD Biella

In this representation of a wanted poster you can recognize at least two of them in camo Alessandro and Beppe. The middleman is the sweet two button blazer is Gennaro
    Attached Files

Comment

The first photo posted taken from the personal photo album of Carlo Crudo which was published into a small book confirms they are Italian SS .

So far I have only seen Italians associated with the SS wearing them besides Luftwaffe personnel . They also appear to be different cuts then the Luftwaffe ones .

Comment

Hi,

thanks Dennis for all the infos you provided !

By any chance did you get any info on the fate of our three guys ?

See You

Vince
        Attached Files

Comment

I will check them in the RSi database of KIA /MIA which also details those killed after April 28 in reprisals and assisinations. Unfortunately I believe it is incomplete .

Comment

I found none on the list of RSI dead which includes some in German service but not all .

I found this on the “ AXis history forum “

Hello to everybody, I'm writring a book on the italian units under the SD AK in Italy, naturally I made extensive researeches in the US and German archives and I was also fortunate as O personally know the son of the owners of Villa Schneider the HQ of the SD in Biella, the son gave me som,e photos and documents but there are still a lot of obsure points principally because the most part of them used nickname. Hscha.Carlo Grubir for exemple (but maybe is just a nickame) was awarded with the bandekampfabzeichen in bronze but the strange think is that all the italian members of the SD unit in Biella wore italian uniforms with black SS rune collar patches ! All desapeared at the end of the war, only the interpreter, Giovanni Roggero, Nickname Jean was executed in may 1945, other 7 italian officers and Nco were all condammned in absentia to death. the german supervisor, SS-Ostuf.Schu from Ak Turin seems he survived the war. If some bady is interested on this argoument I'm happy to share the informtions I have found, wenn I'll be more expert I'll try to send some photos of the members of the SD unit in Biella.

Here is the full link https://forum.axishistory.com/viewto...p?f=38&t=72139

Comment

Hi,

very interesting again, many thanks for the additional infos !

See You

Vince

Comment

To return to the initial question in this thread; IMO there was no such thing as a issue SS smock in Italian camo. The only smock IMO that shows evidence of being widely issued is the one worn by LW HG personnel, see also this thread:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...t=italian+camo

Sometimes you see indeed troops wearing the same style of garments in Italian Camo, especially within Polizei and Grenzschutz in the Balkans this was common pratice. These garments should be considered as locally produced items and not general issue. Also within f.e. SS Karstjäger and HJ division the italian camo seems to have been widespread used but again, all with custom made items.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X