EspenlaubMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Solid Aluminium Zimmermann Skull 499/91 and Zinc Zimmermann M1/72 Eagle.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solid Aluminium Zimmermann Skull 499/91 and Zinc Zimmermann M1/72 Eagle.

For your viewing pleasure... a really lovely zinc adler by Zimmermann M1/72 and probably one of the finest examples of a solid aluminium TK by Zimmermann 499/41 you are ever likely to see.

I'm sure most of you know the story: ripped off by a fake Allgemeine peaked cap/visor but then saved by the insignia.

The adler is zinc with a good amount of silver wash still apparent. It is the flatware version with cones, and has the curving M1/72 mark and RZM on other wing. The reverse also shows the impression of the wings.

The TK is full aluminium with crimped flatware and stamped 499/41. This skull is in almost immaculate condition and, I'm told, incredibly rare. Apparently, they were only made for about one year during the war and are now scarce, especially in this condition, but I'm sure you all know that.

(I may be corrected by members out there about my research but that is my understanding of their type and rarity.)

I want to thank you all for your help and great offers and interest thus far.

I am now prepared to sell them and also separately if needed, as they were not originally on the fake visor and, therefore, unlikely to have been together as a set during the war.

I will be putting them on the estand by the end of the week and will be offering layaway if it helps - with Christmas - so everyone can have the chance to complete their collections, sets or naked caps.

More close ups to follow.

Thanks for looking.
    Attached Files

eagle.

images.
    Attached Files

Comment

Outstanding!!!

Comment

skull

The last one is for Halloween.
        Attached Files

Comment

Amazing. The quality is superb, a real pleasure to look at.

Comment

Very nice examples, indeed, (especially the skull).

Chris

Comment

Very nice and original

Comment

Cheers all....

Glad you all like them... will be offering them for sale on the estand probably on Sunday. Any more questions, feel free to contact me privately.

Comment

Sir witch your knowledge you was asking on this forum about orginality primitive made fake SS visors ?
                  Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Funia View Post
                    Sir witch your knowledge you was asking on this forum about orginality primitive made fake SS visors ?
                    Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Sol69 View Post
                      Ignore that , he's poking fun at you because you were asking for opinions on a bunch of fake visors.

Comment

coogan

Originally posted by coogan View Post
                        Ignore that , he's poking fun at you because you were asking for opinions on a bunch of fake visors.
                        cheers...

I was kind of discretely prodding him back... because he obviously never read my posts properly or my replies or explanations. I have never pretended to know anything about visors or anything else I've posted - we all start somewhere or should that be witch!

Comment

Maybe this is the CupAl witch he is talking about?

Chris
                          Attached Files

Comment

hehehehe!

Originally posted by SScollector View Post
                            Maybe this is the CupAl witch he is talking about?

Chris
                            Chris, If your saying that is original SS... maybe we could do a part-ex. I was thinking my insignia plus a couple of grand.... please say yes!

I'll even throw in this little witch to sweeten the deal.

Comment

I can never remember...

Is it your or you're...lol

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X