Odd SS Officer Collar Tab Set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odd SS Officer Collar Tab Set

Hi, wanted to seek opinions on if anyone has seen this configuration before on collar tabs. This set and eagle are directly out of the Veterans scrapbook that I own, it contained another couple of uniform removed Heer insignia. The SS runes have been added to the collar tab, possibly field upgrade? It is fairly well done and I can't really see the Veteran doing it? Thoughts and opinions please, thanks in advance!
    Attached Files

The ss runs was cut off from original bevo ss tab and looks like they was glued to other tab
    The rank tab is fine original , better picture of the eagle will help

Comment

Yeah clearly a transplant...but when was it done? In those days it was probably just easier to get a new one...
      So somebody's restoration attempt? Who knows? Pips are late ones...So is the eagle with the gaps in the fletching...

Comment

Looks to be a ruined original moleskin blank tab. The eagle is not original in my opinion.

Ian

Comment

Eagle is 100% good. Tabs look good as well, not sure about the modification. The runes are from an original Bevo tab and glued on. Impossible to tell when this was done.

Comment

I agree with the last post that the eagle is an early war original.

Comment

Fascinating tab. Moleskin shows wear and age, as does the bevo cut-out. Everything is original - I don't know how or why, but I'll bet that tab set is an original.

s/f Robert

Comment

Originally posted by RobertE View Post
                Fascinating tab. Moleskin shows wear and age, as does the bevo cut-out. Everything is original - I don't know how or why, but I'll bet that tab set is an original.

s/f Robert
                I agree.

William Kramer
                Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X