EpicArtifacts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WAFFEN SS visor cap (with better pictures)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WAFFEN SS visor cap (with better pictures)

Hello,

I would like to know your opinion for this visor cap.

Thank You.

Best regards
    Thank You

Fantastic Overhoff eagle.

Ian.

Comment

Kamikaz the images are always the same and without those of the internal seams you will hardly have an exhaustive answer. However, even at the risk of being denied, I try to start a serious analysis of this cap. I leave the evaluation of the front badges to others more expert than me, even if I have to say that I do not like the skull. Externally the cap is promising because I do not see signs of reapplying the black band. The junction of the upper white piping (shot no. 6 of the previous thread) seems to me to be regular. Internally things get complicated because:
      - as I have already said, it is not allowed to see the internal seams of the lining, the sweatband, the peak and then to check whether or not there are signs of a reapplied external band and of holes of previously applied badges to the cardboard
      - the sweatband seems to be reapplied because of the externally visible stitching points
      - the lining is very dirty even if the pleats appear fairly neat
      - lastly, I do not understand the inversion of the "thumbprint" on the peak. Usually it is in reverse, ie the peak is clean and the footprint is dirty. Here, however, the peak is as dirty as the lining and on the contrary there is a clean and very consistent wear in the aforementioned area.

Finally, I do not have a positive assessment of this cap and I await the contrary proof. Obviously this is only my opinion and I hope that much more experienced collectors of me join this interesting discussion.

Best regards

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Hulley View Post
        Fantastic Overhoff eagle.

Ian.

I'm glad to see that Ian positively evaluates the eagle.

This is a good first step.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X