X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS marked k 98 frogg

Comment welcome ..found i Norway. Tanks and regards
    Attached Files

I would say "may be". The VA 419/39 SS is a known contract mark found on K98 frogs. Though the formation of some of the numbers is odd, I don't like the "9". But distortion by the leather is possible. I wouldn't pay a premium for the mark though.

Comment

This is the original brand known order.I have bags of this order the number 9 is altered in the production of figures 8

Comment

Agree - that based on the pic the marking appears period original. IMO such a SS marking increases value.

Comment

Thanks for reply ..it came with this unnummber wkc bajonett 😊
          Attached Files

Comment

Here is identical one on the frog I used to own.

Jack
            Attached Files

Comment

Sorry I don't upload photos I could show the bags 419-38 419-39.

Comment

Well the bayonet does add to the provenance as if it has no WaA marks it's a "behoerden" German State Authority contract bayonet. It appears to be of 1939/40 production and this behoerden type was supplied to both Polizei and SS, but also several other State bodies. And of course the SS took charge of several of these including Polizei, from 1942.

Comment

Originally posted by PeterM7 View Post
                  Well the bayonet does add to the provenance as if it has no WaA marks it's a "behoerden" German State Authority contract bayonet. It appears to be of 1939/40 production and this behoerden type was supplied to both Polizei and SS, but also several other State bodies. And of course the SS took charge of several of these including Polizei, from 1942.
                  thanks for reply .👍🏻 . just what I also thought. .😊

Comment

The marking differs a bit from this one I used to own some years ago. No circles around the VA and SS on mine. And a year earlier.

Is there any marking on the flat back of the blade at the muzzle U? Also, check for a serial number when you push out the mounting button. That is where police bayonets were serial numbered.
                    Attached Files

Comment

This is where the frog marks are difficult as that one of Joe's the marks look like they've been there a long time, and there are wear signs that indicate it was marked before it was used. But it's another variation as the VA and runes are not inside a circle. Equally sometimes a double circle is used. It suggests that individual contractors may have organized their own mark stamps, and it was not centrally coordinated.

Comment

Rzzm, push the button in the third picture of post #11 and is there a serial number on the part pushed out in the third picture of the same post? Also, is that part of a wing on the back of the blade just below the partial white spot?

Comment

The commercial bayo with this frog makes perfect sense.

My primary collecting focus for the past 30 years has been SS arms and related. Although delayed the past few years due to business travel in "the sandbox", I intend to continue and produce a reference on same in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeW View Post
                            Rzzm, push the button in the third picture of post #11 and is there a serial number on the part pushed out in the third picture of the same post? Also, is that part of a wing on the back of the blade just below the partial white spot?
                            Hi it's no marks/number..Tanks for reply
                            Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X