SS Ruin Officer Tabs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Ruin Officer Tabs

Hey guys! I'm really not that good on silver threading on SS tabs, I usually feel comfortable on Dachau tabs but if you guys can help me identify this one as I am buying some of a friends collection and I have found some fakes, I just don't know on this one.

Thanks, guys !
    Attached Files

something is not right here
    mark

Comment

Originally posted by sutka View Post
      something is not right here
      mark
      Mark . . .

Can I ask why you made that comment please Sir ?
      For me they look okay ?
      Regards David

Comment

Tab

Original.

Charles Betz

Comment

To me it looks like a good late-war machine embroidered pair.

Grss

Comment

sorry my mistake
            must be just the foto
            thickness of the runes on the top picture compere one to another

Comment

I don't wade into cloth threads often but the rune tab is an exact match to a vet. acquired one I have who was part of the division that liberated Dachau.

Comment

I can find no obvious fault with these.

A few comments:

1. Exact matching pairs of SS tabs are uncommon, to say the least. This is the red flag that made me take a closer look at them.

2. The black cloth used for the runic tab is different from mine, as is the weave of the buckram. However, the black cloth and buckram do look correct for TR period.

3. Usually the stitching on these late war runic tabs is not quite as precise as on this one.

4. On the other hand, construction details are spot on! This includes certain details I would say link these tabs to the same maker as my tab.

I suspect you have a rare matched set from the same maker as mine, just from a different production run. Congratulations.

Alen

Comment

Nice and original late war ss Officer collar tab

Comment

Thanks guys ! there's two more pieces i am unsure about that i will be posting as well ! Thanks again gents

Comment

Look good to me.

Comment

Original late war, but not a machine embroidered. It's a mistake. There no machines which can make such embroidery from a twisted thread, and if someone seen backside of the embroidery, there must be the base thread on the reverse. Such a tabs has never this issue, and they are never exact same as other machineembroidered

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X