RZM code on armband

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RZM code on armband

Hello, I have the opportunity to purchase an SS armband in near mint condition. I own several of these and I'm as convinced as I can be, without holding it, that the armband is authentic. The armband does not have the RFSS cloth tag, only a black cloth tag marked 630/36 along with the RZM in a double circle and the SS runes. Is this code correct for an early armband? Thanks for any help.

Va #

A photograph would aid such an assessment.

Comment

Certainly, Here is the photo of the tag.
      Attached Files

Comment

VA # cont.

I am 55% sure it is real. To be sure, these contract # tags are faked, but the quality of the image is not especially helpful. I cannot tell from this image. Perhaps colleague Wood can speak here or you can supply multiple images of the piece in detail with high resolution. I am not put off per se by such a # associated with the date 1936. I am also not shocked that the RFSS tag is missing. This pattern seems right for the year in question. Sorry not to be of more help, as I know all of this is frustrating. These pieces of regalia have appreciated greatly in price and the fakes are proliferating and seizing the advantage of the digital images. There were excellent fakes of these brassards in the early -'70s, but with the wrong color red Grundtuch and paper tags.
        Last edited by Donald Abenheim; 04-10-2005, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael P.
          Certainly, Here is the photo of the tag.
          Michael, I have one with the identical bevo tag....I believe the 36 is the year of manufacture and the 630 is the contractor....Mine is also lacking the RFSS tag...I'd say if the swastika and black stripes are the correct corregated black material,white backdrop same corregated material, and red is wool, not felt....If these are correct, I'd venture to say the armband is good....Bodes
          Last edited by bodes; 04-10-2005, 09:26 PM.

Comment

I thank you both, the photos are the only ones Ihave access to at the moment. The overall construction seems right and the materials seem to be correct. I have requested better photos. Thanks again.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X