Police Runes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Police Runes?

I want to run these runes by the forum pundits. Thanks in advance!
    Attached Files

Reverse
    Attached Files

Comment

I do not believe that a hand embroidered insignia such as this would rate a lowly "B" RZM tag

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Coleman
        I do not believe that a hand embroidered insignia such as this would rate a lowly "B" RZM tag
        Thanks Bob.

For comparison, here is a similar tab posted by Robin Lumsden a while back with an A tag (he was also wondering if that was correct).

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ight=ss+police

Have the fakers decided to upgrade them to a "B", or are they real????

Comment

The runes with the 'A' tab seem to be original, as does the other set posted here. Perhaps they made a mistake with the labelling??

Comment

or the tag couldnt have been applied afterwards for a mark up on price

Comment

I Have Always Felt That When You Have To Start Making Excuses Why Something Is A Certain Way, I Am Probably Better Of Without It.

Bob

Comment

I Have Always Felt That When You Have To Start Making Excuses Why Something Is A Certain Way, I Am Probably Better Of Without It.

Bob
                Bob.
                You are absolutely right.
                The tag is wrong for the runes.
                It's just that I've seen a few of these over the years and both the make of the tag and the runes themselves can't be faulted.
                They are not 'textbook', but my own opinion is that they are original.

Comment

Robin-
                  The RZM tag paradox is a strange issue indeed. Possibly a lower tax was imposed on insignia for civil servants? I totally forgot that I have a set of Arthur Axmann's collar tabs with a "B" tag. They were aquired nearly 20 years ago by Ed Stadnicki in a motel buy from a veteran. I frankly doubt that these tabs had the label added by a veteran who would not even know the meaning or the reason for the tag. Possibly the Reichsjugendfuhrer had the clout to pay less tax for his insignia. It is something I will never know.
                  Bob

Comment

What is the size of the runes?

Does anyone know if there was only one size?
                    Dave
                    DaveJ

Comment

Did you bought Axmann's collar tabs from a vet?
                      How do you know are axmann ones?

cheers
                      T

Comment

Robin-
                        The RZM tag paradox is a strange issue indeed. Possibly a lower tax was imposed on insignia for civil servants? I totally forgot that I have a set of Arthur Axmann's collar tabs with a "B" tag. They were aquired nearly 20 years ago by Ed Stadnicki in a motel buy from a veteran. I frankly doubt that these tabs had the label added by a veteran who would not even know the meaning or the reason for the tag. Possibly the Reichsjugendfuhrer had the clout to pay less tax for his insignia. It is something I will never know.
                        Bob
                        That's very interesting Bob.
                        I think the simple answer to all this would be that some factory workers just stuck on the wrong tags from time to time. Mistakes happen every day in factories and government offices across the country, and it would have been the same then too. Even in Hitler's Germany, it wouldn't have been a hanging offence to stick on the wrong tag.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveJ
                          What is the size of the runes?

Does anyone know if there was only one size?
                          Dave
                          Angolia shows 2 sizes of runes: fat ones (like the item in question) and thin ones (like the picture below)
                          Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X