SS General Ranks Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS General Ranks Question

Does anyone know of an SS Obergruppenfuhrer that served in both Finland and Italy and if so what medals he was authorized?

Also, did any SS men ever qualify for the 25 year SS long service medal in gold. As far as I know, given the critera, there was no one...correct?
    Last edited by vonStubben; 08-10-2018, 06:13 PM.

About #2; That is a good question that I have also wondered........

Comment

About the #2, I remember that I have seen the medal bar for Heinrich Himmler that had the 25 Year award on it. Other than that I have no information on any other recipient.

Comment

Originally posted by Stangell View Post
        About the #2, I remember that I have seen the medal bar for Heinrich Himmler that had the 25 Year award on it. Other than that I have no information on any other recipient.
        Himmler's was in silver.
        Last edited by vonStubben; 08-12-2018, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Lothar Debes filled both positions in Finland and Italy, however he only reached the rank of Gruppenfuhrer, and was a Brigadefuhrer in Finland.
          Obergruppenfuhrers will have no doubt frequented these countries in an Inspectorate capacity.

Comment

Originally posted by August View Post
            About #2; That is a good question that I have also wondered........
            Question 2.

"1925, two years after the failed Beer Hall Putsch, Emil Maurice and Adolf Hitler refounded the Stabswache as the Stosstrupp Adolf Hitler which was renamed, later that year, as the Schutzstaffel (SS)."

I guess no one could receive one since no one could have served for 25 years.

Regards
            mathiass

Comment

[QUOTE=mathiass;8234672]Question 2.

"1925, two years after the failed Beer Hall Putsch, Emil Maurice and Adolf Hitler refounded the Stabswache as the Stosstrupp Adolf Hitler which was renamed, later that year, as the Schutzstaffel (SS)."

I guess no one could receive one since no one could have served for 25 years.

Regards
              mathiass[/QUOT

My thoughts exactly. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by istra63 View Post
                Lothar Debes filled both positions in Finland and Italy, however he only reached the rank of Gruppenfuhrer, and was a Brigadefuhrer in Finland.
                Obergruppenfuhrers will have no doubt frequented these countries in an Inspectorate capacity.
                Thank you.

Comment

Some years counted as double. The years before Machtübernahme, I guess.
                  But 25 years is still doubtful, IMO.
                  Himmler "only" got the 12 years medal, as have been mentioned here.

Comment

Originally posted by Ludwig View Post
                    Some years counted as double. The years before Machtübernahme, I guess.
                    But 25 years is still doubtful, IMO.
                    Himmler "only" got the 12 years medal, as have been mentioned here.
                    If that would be the case, then I assume that at least Emil Maurice should've had received one. According to wikipedia, this is his awards.

Coburg Badge, October 1932
                    Golden Party Badge, 1933
                    Blood Order 1933
                    SS-Ehrenring, 1933
                    SS-Ehrendegen, 1933
                    The Honour Cross of the World War 1914/1918 with Swords, August 1934
                    Anschluss Medal, 1938
                    Sudetenland Medal, 1939
                    Honour Chevron for the Old Guard, February 1934
                    Goldene Ehrennadel des Handwerks
                    SS Ehrendolch (SS honor dagger)
                    War Merit Cross without swords
                    Nazi Party Long Service Award in Bronze, Silver and Gold

Regards
                    mathiass

Comment

Wikipedia is not a 100 % reliable source. IMO.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X