Variant cufftitle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Variant cufftitle

I want to show you some snapshots of original footage from October 1943. The officer standing in the row is wearing an interesting cufftitle. What kind of piping does the officer in the first snapshot on the left have on his shoulderboard? I will post some other interesting snapshots in other threads. Hope you will enjoy them!

With all the best,

Cees
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Cees Kleijn; 04-04-2005, 02:29 PM.

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

The piping in picture 1 is for a Fachfuehrer.

Comment

Was it against regs to be wearing 2 DRL sports badges. He appears to have a bronze grade and also the war wounded?

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick W
              Was it against regs to be wearing 2 DRL sports badges. He appears to have a bronze grade and also the war wounded?
              Both could be worn together. Same with the SA Badge and the SA Badge for War Wounded.

Comment

Cees:

Can you specify why you feel the cuff title is a variant style?

John

Comment

Thank you for your help Robin, I was already wondering.

John, I stand corrected if I am wrong, but to my knowledge there were only the RZM pattern cufftitles (both EM and flatwire-woven versions) and the BeVo ones in use by the SS-Polizei-Division. If this cufftitle is a RZM pattern, then the letters are significantly bigger than on the examples I have seen so far.

With all the best,

Cees

Comment

HI Cees:

From the picture the piece does look like an RZM pattern, but if you look closely the lettering is not the same as the RZM you normally see. There is a scarce RZM pattern SS-Polizei-Division cufftitle with a period at the end of the lettering with letters that closely resemble the one you have shown. I will try to post pictures when I get a chance--in fact if you look in Angolia's SS cloth book you will see the version with the period in wear, John

Comment

John is correct, I had one of the ones with periods, unfortunatly it was stolen from me at the MAX one year, I do not even know if I have a photo of it but will search tonight,
                      DaveJ

Comment

Originally posted by DaveJ
                        John is correct, I had one of the ones with periods, unfortunatly it was stolen from me at the MAX one year, I do not even know if I have a photo of it but will search tonight,
                        Dave-That is a terrible shame.

Nice captures. I have sent you a PM regarding this. Wish I had both of those visors.

Comment

here is the one I used to have,borders were in silk thread
                          Attached Files
                          DaveJ

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X