Adolf Hitler Linen - Possible Use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adolf Hitler Linen - Possible Use?

I recently picked up an Adolf Hitler formal pattern spoon, fork, and linen item. Unfortunately I really don't know what the linen was used for. In my research I found a similar sized piece of linen that was considered either a large dinner napkin, or a table runner. The AH and eagle monogram only appear at one end. The reverse has a hanging loop at either end. The linen measures 38 3/4" long x 19 1/2" wide.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by vonStubben View Post
    I recently picked up an Adolf Hitler formal pattern spoon, fork, and linen item. Unfortunately I really don't know what the linen was used for. In my research I found a similar sized piece of linen that was considered either a large dinner napkin, or a table runner. The AH and eagle monogram only appear at one end. The reverse has a hanging loop at either end. The linen measures 38 3/4" long x 19 1/2" wide.

I think these are generally considered to be table runners. Unsure what the hooks are for. Maybe they were used on a train to secure them in place.

Any story with these pieces?

Comment

Originally posted by CPB View Post
      I think these are generally considered to be table runners. Unsure what the hooks are for. Maybe they were used on a train to secure them in place.

Any story with these pieces?
      No story, they were part of a large private collection that I'm selling. These are my commission pieces.
      Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X