• Time
  • Show
Clear All

ss blouse_any chance?

Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Hello,
      may I ask you for your thoughts on this piece? IMO it looks to good to be true, but I am far from being expert on this field....

Thank you very much
      Attached Files

Comment

An original re-badged Heer tunic,but when?

Glenn
        "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

The secret is in" finding or not finding" traces of previous heer insignia. J

Comment

Tunic - beautiful, insignias nice. probably original sewn.

Comment

IMO a heer pattern base tunic.
              It doesnt have traces of previous attached heer insignia to my eyes.
              It seems to be an early issued tunic or regarding the lack of wear in conjunction with the number of loops for awards more likely an unissued tunic that has been SS rebadged.
              But judging SS tunics is always a difficult task and I am not by any mean an expert on these, so wait for other more experienced members to confirm this opinion

Comment

Gents, thank you very much for your input:-)
                Highly appreciated!

Comment

I like your tunic. Sure makes for a smashing display!

Comment

I'm always skeptical when I see a late war sleeve eagle on a early jacket.

Comment

Originally posted by panzergrenadiere71 View Post
                      i'm always skeptical when i see a late war sleeve eagle on a early jacket.
                      +1

Comment

Originally posted by Panzergrenadiere71 View Post
                        I'm always skeptical when I see a late war sleeve eagle on a early jacket.
                        I’m not sure how late that eagle is. I know a number of these were taken from the stores at Dachau but so was a lot of pre-war and early war SS insignia. Collectors have told me that this pattern eagle can be found in photos as early as 1942 and possibly earlier.

I’m not arguing that it is not late war, but I’m not sure that I have seen evidence of it.

Comment

Looks nice, but the question is when it was put together. IMO.
                          There must be many (still!) unissued tunics, that pop up now and then, for people to sew insignias on.

Comment

Originally posted by Ludwig View Post
                            Looks nice, but the question is when it was put together. IMO.
                            There must be many (still!) unissued tunics, that pop up now and then, for people to sew insignias on.
                            Right, but this one was not un-issued. The collar is clearly a non-factory upgrade and shows no trace of other tabs from what I can see. If breast eagle was on this tunic for even 5 years much less 40 it would show signs of that or show signs where the shadow was obscured by a faker.

Also interesting is the Munich depot stamp which is also the city where Deutschland was garrisoned. The cuff title is a scarcer and more costly version as is the SS tab. In other words it was not completed with lower cost insignia as a whole.

Comment

I need to correct a statement that I made above. I see now that the depot is WB and not M. The difference would not exclude it from being a Deutschland used tunic but not quite as obvious as being from the same town as Munich would have made it.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X