SS black panzer wrap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RoyalDragon View Post
    the owner of this jacket does not know who to believe. The making of this jacket is perfect, the sheet, the lining, the assembly, the badges are original, the buttons and the wire. Some criticize this jacket others believe it is genuine. I confirm that this jacket is very well mounted and of good quality that seems to be a montage mid-war. Now I respect every comment; This is the goal of the forums, everyone speaks with his arguments. For my part I had a lot of gloves in hand, less in SS model. But I confirm that this jacket seems to me coherent. This theme of collection is really very complicated, it is sad for the collectors and the future of these historic uniforms !!
    Thank you
    mathieu
    Mathieu,

I'm not sure what you would like. You invited comments on whether original or a copy. If you are so sure of the above, then I'm not sure why you would ask. Clearly the overwhelming opinions are that it is not good. I recently had a Thread where I asked for opinions on a late-war panzer wrap, some thought it was a good one while others said it was not authentic. When you ask for people's opinions, from my end you take those comments and figure out what you want to do after listening to what others have to say about the item. I decided to pass on the one I was looking at, because I respected the members who were not of the belief that it was original. I would rather buy a 'no-doubter' to also save issues for my children if/when they decide to sell it, rather than go on a belief. It seems though this is for 'the owner of the jacket' so the owner should also make an informed decision. If s/he is happy paying that kind of money, without universal support, and they trust the few rather than the many that is of course their decision and will spend their money with peace of mind. Likewise, if they are now trying to sell it and it is getting poor reviews, it's likely a question that should have been asked before purchasing it.
    Last edited by wolfslair44; 07-16-2018, 11:23 AM.

Comment

You might inform your collector friend about this other rare wraps - they might be also available, they are 100% textbook and all from the same Company (still in Business today). They just changed their maker stamp during the war from 525 to Betr. Ra. to Stettin and later at the end of war they made Police wraps but this is not a big deal this happened many times.....
      Attached Files

Comment

Betr.Ra. - go for it - this is the real deal in dot camo....
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by MM1985 View Post
          You might inform your collector friend about this other rare wraps - they might be also available, they are 100% textbook and all from the same Company (still in Business today). They just changed their maker stamp during the war from 525 to Betr. Ra. to Stettin and later at the end of war they made Police wraps but this is not a big deal this happened many times.....
          Do I read some sarcasm in there?

Comment

I am with Martin.

Comment

Very interesting photos.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X