Ring worn by Hans Gösta Persson Swedish ss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ring worn by Hans Gösta Persson Swedish ss

A ring that was worn by Hans Gösta Persson swedish ss..
    Maby would bee nice to have.

https://imgur.com/a/s6rIcnT

Interesting. What kind of provenance does it have?
    His two daughters recently made an appearance in a Swedish documentary about the volunteers.

Comment

Originally posted by Christian J View Post
      Interesting. What kind of provenance does it have?
      His two daughters recently made an appearance in a Swedish documentary about the volunteers.
      And what was the name of that documentary?

Comment

Just have to older mans word.
        Ïhave bought some items of him before.
        He is selling off his last stuff now.
        When he was on the top ihe has a bigger collection.
        But all collectors have one or more bad things so im alwas suspicious.

Comment

Links to the Swedish program about Swedish SS soldiers

https://www.svtplay.se/video/1759063...t-1?start=auto

https://www.svtplay.se/video/1762769...t-2?start=auto

Andy

Comment

Persson 83

I post your linked picture on the ring.
            Do you have more than one picture?

Andy
            Attached Files

Comment

But would he be wearing a divsion Wiking ring being in Frikorps Danmark, thats the question.

Comment

Thats true.
                Was later he came to the nordland.
                So in 41-42 he was i frikorps. Thats not what the ring says. Good point

Comment

it is a campaign ring, hand carved, or trenchwork etc. You need a lot of faith to collect these type of rings.. Impossible to date, without some sort of provenance it has little value.
                  You'd need a period photo of it in wear , or listed in a veterans belongings,,something like that etc.

Comment

Having the Swedish SS volunteers, with four published books about them written, as something of a special interest of mine I call bull****. Pehrsson had nothing to do with Wiking and I have seen no ring like that on any of the numerous photos I have seen of him.

My guess is; random ring that someone claims is from pehrsson for that extra tingeling feeling for the buyer. Guess they picked Pehrsson as he is the most famous Swedish volunteer, when they instead could have taken any of the many Swedes in the Wiking division, but given that they are not as famous I suppose they settled for Pehrsson.

Comment

Who is the seller?
                      I didn´t know HGP (he died 1976), but I knew his widow.
                      I have never heard about that ring. Looks like **** to me. Sounds like ****, too.
                      How much did you pay?

Comment

I has not bougt it.
                        A man å know has it.
                        He has collect ww2 german stuff all his life.
                        Ofcourse he will have som bad stuff to. So thats the reason i ask her.
                        You people have a lot of knowlegde.

Comment

Looks not right to me. A bit primitive yet intentional, Danish swas with “wiking” in the middle, just strikes me as a fantasy piece... just my opinion tho, but it’s not a ring I would want in my collection.

Comment

this is done many many times..

Could be a group of 30 items and every single piece is authentic...And then something simple,,a ring, a cigarette case, a silver engraved cup, a watch.. Something small but a little out of the ordinary.
                            - Like this ring. It isn't a simple / regular ring with his initials on it! No, its dated, its got what the Wiking division emblem on it..

NOW,, if you had a photo of him wearing it and could be seen clearly that trench type work ring could bring in $500, $700.? and thats what is hoped for. A small simple thing to help bring up the value another $500. 'Hey, everything else it real!'

Not blaming the family, or a dealer or anyone really.. Hey the thing could have been a gift a comrade made for him in the 1960s![?]

More than likely these pieces are items that belong in jeweler silver scrap boxes.

Comment

Originally posted by Byzanti View Post
                              Looks not right to me. A bit primitive yet intentional, Danish swas with “wiking” in the middle, just strikes me as a fantasy piece... just my opinion tho, but it’s not a ring I would want in my collection.
                              The sonnerad, or sun wheel (the so called “danish swas”) was actually the divisional insignia of the Wiking division, and later also the Nordland division (which was formed from using Regiment Nordland as its cadre). Regiment Nordland had up till then been one of three PzGren-regiments of the Wiking division (with sister regiments Westland and Germania), and was instead replaced with SS-Panzer-Rgt 5 “Wiking” for the transformation from a Pz-gren to a Panzer-division.

So it would make sense in some way for a soldier of the Wiking-division to have a ring with the sonnerad. However, it is highly unlikely that this ring has belonged to Hans-Gösta Pehrsson. Whether the ring is a good private purchase or field made piece is not up to me to comment upon, more than I would say that 99% of all rings with divisional insignias, dates, units etc from well-known units are junk. I mean, honestly; why don’t we ever see rings with the insignia of any run-of-the-mill infantry division from the Heer, butat the same time we see so many rings from Das Reich, LSSAH, Totenkopf, Wiking, Hitlerjugend etc that every single enlisted man could have worn two on each hand?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X