Oberfuhrer uniform on E-stand.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oberfuhrer uniform on E-stand.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=966261 Opinions on this piece, insignia looks good? but details on the tunic itself are a bit sparse, I.e. no close ups.

I am not an expert in anyway in SS stuff, especially this caliber but I seem to remember this item being posted a few months ago for review. I think some questions were raised on the shoulderboards and also I thought it had a cufftitle on it. I will look for the original link and post it.

Dave C

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=957145

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for that link, I knew that tunic rang a bell, but couldn't remember it, Interesting that he has promised me pics by e-mail but doesn't mention this thread...

Comment

Cufftitle was removed from the initial post.

Comment

Yes, he sold the cufftitle seperatly to another forum member here.

Comment

Originally posted by krikke1980 View Post
              Yes, he sold the cufftitle seperatly to another forum member here.
              Hmm, looking at the pics, there doesn't seem to be any contrast to the material where the cufftitle was removed, lends a lot more weight to this tunic being a post-war put together.

Comment

Originally posted by Ottokoen View Post
                Hmm, looking at the pics, there doesn't seem to be any contrast to the material where the cufftitle was removed, lends a lot more weight to this tunic being a post-war put together.
                Yep indeed.

2000€ for the jacket
                1500€ for the eagle
                2500€ for the tabs.

=

6000€...

Comment

Figured as much, Still it would make a good addition to a display, for what it is, afterall what would an original untouched Oberfuhrer tunic make these days? Probably €20,000+

Originally posted by krikke1980 View Post
                  Yep indeed.

2000€ for the jacket
                  1500€ for the eagle
                  2500€ for the tabs.

=

6000€...

Comment

Figured as much, Still it would make a good addition to a display, for what it is, afterall what would an original untouched Oberfuhrer tunic make these days? Probably €20,000+
                    Yah indeed. There's one at Oakleaf for $19.500...

Comment

fake ?

are we talking about $9000 for a fantasy ? Really ?

Comment

Originally posted by jimt View Post
                        are we talking about $9000 for a fantasy ? Really ?
                        I wouldn't call it a fantasy as such, all original items, just post war put together and unfortunately that's the way the market is going, for that money, it's next to near impossible to get a genuine pre 45 SS uniform, believe me I've tried.

Comment

Wow anonymous name a whole 58 posts and giving expert advice on the market values of SS tunics. Do you believe him ? A stripped tunic is only worth the sum of it's parts. In this case a rare open collar tunic. So granted you know it was an officer and worth more than a heer style tunic.

Comment

Originally posted by John Pic View Post
                            Wow anonymous name a whole 58 posts and giving expert advice on the market values of SS tunics. Do you believe him ? A stripped tunic is only worth the sum of it's parts. In this case a rare open collar tunic. So granted you know it was an officer and worth more than a heer style tunic.
                            Who's giving advice? I started this thread as I'm Interested in buying the tunic, granted I'm a relative new comer to this forum, but since when has post count been an indicator or a requirment of one's expertise? As for the value of the tunic, if you can point me in the direction of any stripped SS officer tunic irrespective of rank, that is for sale for less than that, then I will gladly purchase it, and thank you profusilly for putting me onto such a golden opportunity

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X