CGM Auctions A/SS Officers Visor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CGM Auctions A/SS Officers Visor

Beautiful A/SS Black Officers Visor sold for nearly $15,000 USD.
    I guess a reasonable price considering the trending value for black officers visors seem to have skyrocketed. I've not seen a cheaper one in same condition.
    I think the buyer scored well.

Steve
    Attached Files

superb example, very nice for a stable price

Comment

I don't believe there was any buyer's premium either.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert H View Post
        superb example, very nice for a stable price
        Hi Robert,
        I agree in today's market a fair price. However - I'm young enough and still believe that prices will fall as the years go by. Give it another 10 or so years and the hard core collecting community will be no longer around. Our kids have very little interest in "OUR" hobby and so demand will naturally fall in due course.
        Steve

Comment

Originally posted by wolfslair View Post
          Hi Robert,
          I agree in today's market a fair price. However - I'm young enough and still believe that prices will fall as the years go by. Give it another 10 or so years and the hard core collecting community will be no longer around. Our kids have very little interest in "OUR" hobby and so demand will naturally fall in due course.
          Steve
          Steve,

This may or may not be true. I am not of the 'WW2' era, and am a generation plus removed. The idea that there will be 'little interest' in this stuff in another 10 years or so, when the 'older' collectors may not be around, is really hard to say. Time will tell, I guess, but I don't think you can necessarily just work on that assumption. Look at US Civil War stuff. 160 years later, there is still considerable demand. Perhaps it falls back to scarcity. I do believe higher end items that are scarce, like this visor, are unlikely to 'go down' in price over the next decade plus. Perhaps if as you predict there will be fewer collectors some of the more average stuff may go down, but again, I don't think you can just assume so.

Comment

Pure BS

Absolutely. Interest in Civil War relics is steadily increasing and I’m noticing more and more young and middle age interest in WW 2 and also Vietnam. I have a militaria business.

Comment

Prices have never fallen, I've been in this market now for 20 odd years and have seen prices steadily rise for some items, and absolutely skyrocket for others (genuine SS items), and it's not really about "hard-core" collectors either, the new market for high end items seems to be for investment opportunities, those that are willing to fork out a ton of cash for an item, know by market trends, that in a few years they will walk away with a tidy profit. As one such investor told me after purchasing an SS visor from me, "I'll enjoy it while I have it, and then sell it when the price is right, but only when I want to, not because I have to".

Comment

I’ve had this cap in hand! It’s truly an outstanding cap!

Comment

Quality and rarity will be stable for my view as well in the future.

Comment

sharp hat with nice RFSS tag.

Comment

you guys right
                      it is a nice one

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X