SS LAH silver plated Serving Dish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS LAH silver plated Serving Dish

I wondered if any body could tell me the price I would be to expected to pay for a silver plated serving dish with the LAH monogram inscribed on it, The plate is marked on the back it is brass with plate over the top slighly worn and quite dirty it comes with 13 pages of the SS man's war service in the LAH from 1936 until 1945 the plate is oval about 12 inches accross slightly scolloped edges, definately 100% original, translating some of the documentation it appears that he " lifted it " sometime in 1944, and kept it hidden! I've been offered it at what i think is a reasonable price, just wondered what someone else thought? would appriciate any comments, good or bad, I've trawled a lot of Auction houses looking (NOT E BAY) found some spoons with LAH monograms they were silver plated for over £200! I realise its difficult to appraise without a photo, but hoping
    thanks
    John

hello johnnhoj,i think youve already said it, youve been offered it at what you think is a reasonable price, im an ss nut,and if i see anything i like i buy it. what seems dear to one is a bargain to another. if your happy there gen go for it..... before i buy them cheers ,phil.

Comment

Hi John, welcome to the forum.

Like you say without a photo it is impossible to give you an answer but £200 sounds good. What are the markings on the back of the plate? I own 3 items of LAH silverware, all small dishes.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

the markings on the back are "hartzburger Hof" stamped on the rear and some faint markings AUG ????LNER SNE AUE 1.S 18 and the number 158668 stamped to the corner..... I've bought it anyway thanks for the advice
        john

Comment

Hi John, the maker is "August Wellner". They were a well known maker of silverware. One of mine is by this maker.

However, the name "Hartzburger Hof" would be that of a Hotel.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

cheers ADE ..... information is everything! can't get enough of it

Comment

Originally posted by johnnhoj49
              cheers ADE ..... information is everything! can't get enough of it
              A lot of the hotels used Wellner pieces. Be very careful that it is not hotelware that has had the LAH initials post war applied to increase the value from a $30 dish to a $500 dish.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X