Unknown insignia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unknown insignia

I am not sure if this is Norwegian insignia with SS connection? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you
    Regards RD
    Attached Files

Not Norwegian, but Danish Schaulburg Korps I believe (Danish branch of the Germanische SS), sort of a A-SS for Denmark, which had equivalents in many of the occupied countries.

Comment

I believe this was worn on the black visor cap instead of the SS eagle. Unfortunately I also believe this to be a reproduction of that rare insignia.

Alen Davidson

Comment

I agree with rbno that this appears to be a reproduction IMO. Large numbers of these copies appeared in the early to mid 1980’s and, yes, I bought one thinking it was original.

Comment

I have the same patch , I purchase this patch with other German staff from vet , all items from the group was original , but some of the collectors believe that this patch is post war made
          Personally I believe it’s original , just my opinion

Comment

I had an identical patch in my collection, also. It is now in the mistake box. I bought it in the 1980's I think. I had the opportunity to compare it to an original in an advanced collection (Probably Bob Hritz or Dave Delich, I don't remember.) and found there are minor differences in the weave. The reproductions are not blacklight responsive.

Cahler, if you do a stitch by stitch comparison, you will find there are minor differences. If not, either your vet was not what he appeared to be or else it was one of the rare times when a vet actually did augment his bring backs with gun show trash.

Alen Davidson

Comment

I was also informed that these were fake from 30 some years ago. I saw one on a cheap repro M43 hat in the 1990's...so I past on it...

Comment

This one is not glowing neither

Comment

Rbno already mention in his post above that the reproductions do not glow.

Comment

Originally posted by fredswiss View Post
                    Rbno already mention in his post above that the reproductions do not glow.
                    I know. I was just saying this one also does not glow.

Comment

if repro is well made.
                      i think its civil flying corps .
                      i do not accociate it to ss
                      Just personal opinion
                      cheers

Comment

My thoughts are the same - this looks like a repro. You can always try the burn test - pull a string and see if it melts.

Comment

Originally posted by Askold View Post
                          My thoughts are the same - this looks like a repro. You can always try the burn test - pull a string and see if it melts.
                          And if not melting ?

Comment

Comment

Christian J: Thank you for posting the photographs comparing real vs repro.

Petra: Volume 2 of the Mollo SS series and Volume 1 of the Foreign Legions series both show period photographs of Schalburg Korps members wearing this insignia on the black visor cap.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X