Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Germania CT ....Yes or No.

Hi Fellas,
    I recently bought some good German awards and the guy who sold them contacted me about a CT that had come from the same family..He said it was SS so i've asked for and recieved pictures...Now i really know jack about CT's but this looks dodgy as its a raised bullion (not well executed in my book) with an RZM label..

Heres the pics he sent me a simple YES or No would be appreciated on its originality .

Many thanks

Bob
    Attached Files

I'm no expert on insignia, but thats not bullion; it's RZM as it should be.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Christian J View Post
        Is that a Yes?

Comment

Originally posted by ENGLISH BOB View Post
          Is that a Yes?
          Id think so. Looking at other originals, I don't see anything wrong here

Comment

Originally posted by Graham G View Post
            Id think so. Looking at other originals, I don't see anything wrong here
            Hi Graham,
            Thanks for the ,well i never i thought it was bad

Anybody know of one currently for sale ?

Thanks

Bob

Comment

better pic would be help full
              look original

Comment

It is RZM pattern not bullion as previously stated and it is original
                I sold one almost identical to this to a fellow forum member recently.
                The VT Germania bands always seem a little harder to find than Deutschland or Der Fuhrer.

Comment

A couple more pics,the CT has been cut into two pieces(there is a story why this happened) and i'm sure that will hurt its value and collectorbility but it is what it is.

Many thanks Guy's for the further comments and
                  Attached Files

Comment

Lovely original RZM cufftitle.
                    Worn on the pre war grey SSVT field tunics.

Comment

Sadly the this CT has been sold,it was still with the recipients family and had been offered elsewhere,maybe someone here on WAF has bought it?

Here is an email sent to the guy i bought the medals from about the recipient of the CT and his family..Its nice to know i got his EK2 and GAB.

Mark,I hope this information helps;In early 1921 Kristen Schmidt was born in Schlezwig Holstein, N Germany to Jurgen and Christine Schmidt. His brother, Jes was injured as a child and lost one leg. Jes was subsequently unfit for military duties and became a journalist, newspaper editor and later Danish MP.In 1921, this area of Germany, N. Schlezwig Holstein, became Danish territory following a referendum.In 1938 Kristen joined the SS-VT regiment Germania as an ordinary soldier. He was issued with a 1st pattern cuff title. As was usual practice the cuff title band was shortened to allow a proper fit to his uniform. This was carried out by his mother Christine.In 1939 the Germania Regiment was involved in the invasion of Poland and later France.The Germania Regiment was originally made up of Northern Germans and ethnic Germans. Kristen qualifed as such.In December 1940 the Germania Regiment was removed from the Verfügungs-Division and used to form the cadre of a new division, SS-Division Germania. It was made up of mostly "Nordic" volunteers from the newly conquered territories, Danes, Norwegians, Dutch and Flemings.The later 2nd pattern cuff title band was issued to those recruits.By the start of 1941, Germania was renamed Wiking and Kristen replaced his armband, returning the Germania armband to his mother as a keepsake.In 1943 whilst serving in Russia, Krister was killed.His mother kept the arm band pieces in memorium until her death in 1969 when they were passed down to Krister’s brother Jes. On his death they were passed down to Jes’s wife Inger and eventually to her daughter, my wife, Cornelia.It is unusual to have both ends of these cuff title armbands once they have been issued and in addition due to their early date they are extremely rare.This 1st Pattern cuff title is in very good condition, made in 1938 as can be seen from the end label.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X