Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WSS Hauptsturmführer tunic question

Hi all,

Just came across this WSS Hauptsturmführer tunic on Weitze, https://www.weitze.com/militaria/14/...1__308214.html

The tunic looks like a rare piece could be found today. According to the description, the bearer was an Austrian whom was first a member of the 3rd SS Panzer Division "Totenkopf" and then came in late 1943 as a German leadership personnel to the 14th Waffen-Grenadier Division of the SS (Galician No. 1) and carried his old traditional cufftitle.

My question is, do you guys know this Hauptsturmführer? Is the tunic a genuine one? Thanks!

Regards, M

Tunic

Hermann Historica had this tunic for sale about 5 years ago, funny how the EK1 has magically reappeared on it
    It was estimated at €25000 back then I don't remember what it went for, and what Weitze wants for it now...
    http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/axis-m...fen-ss-288174/

Comment

What is Weitze asking for the tunic?

Comment

Price on request

Comment

This tunic was sourced near Graz/Austria by a dealer who had it until just recently. I believe the deal through Hermann Historica fell through. The dealer claimed there were also photos of the wearer that show the tunic but the family did not yet give them away. Apparently he sold it to Weitze now.

Comment

For reference, when the links are dead ends.

What is funny about HH’s ad is that they cover the breast SS runes because they’re not allowed by law to be seen but the ad itself must reference the SS, at least 6 times, if not more, in the description!
            The picture of the runes is useless as it’s just a big blue dot. I know you can see it once you log in but the stupidity factor of some laws, to ‘protect’ us, is just hilarious!!
            Attached Files
            Last edited by TP Alexander; 06-02-2018, 11:42 AM.

Comment

stupid laws all over the globe, not only in Germany. Cheers

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X