SS winter pants help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS winter pants help

Hello....posting pictures of a grey/white set of pants and the interior pocket bags..has anyone ever encountered anything like this? I never have..whether it be on SS/Heer/Luftwaffe/Police/Teno or any other type of pockets. These look like "donkey ears" and IMO bad. I post another shot of although a repro pair of pants..how they should look. I just cant after digging out my whole closet 9 hours and inspecting original winter pants dig out the real ones again. On a side note, the white side of the camo and the thread used to sew light up like a christmas tree under UV test. The white side has no sign of any age patina/dirt/staining...which is 99 percent of the time present even in unissued depot found winter pants. No size marking, maker mark, no tailor marks..be they pencil or red grease pen anywhere on the item. The entire Grey side as well as the white side was made with ONE spool of green and white thread, no evidence whatsoever of a production line piece...strange "wool" sandwiched between the shell lining. I could go on..but you get the idea. Thanks for your help
    Attached Files

Opinions/help welcome please.

Comment

I am not comfortable too. If you want compare in estand there is my pants on sale (on hold) and the link in VG site for better pics.

Comment

Thanks for the help Viva...much appreciated.P.S. do you have the link? I cant find the item and pictures you mentioned.
        Last edited by Scott A. Hess; 05-28-2018, 04:46 AM.

Comment

Thanks to those forum members who were kind enough to PM and email me with their original photos of this rare type of pants. It was very nice of them to take the time to help out a fellow forum member. They confirmed my suspicion that the pants I posted in question are ground up reproduction.

Comment

A forum member was kind enough to offer his assistance in sharing with me his pair of original SS winter pants, early model. I post these to show how the pocket interior should look on this type and really any other type of winter pants I own. or have ever handled which are good, the difference is obvious. The pants shown are..it appears, unissued and incorporate some of the barcoded fabric associated with some SS winter garments. I have two pair of these that are identical and unissued all but are made out of the thicker bruched/combed wool used on the SS panzer winter kombi, and the reversible side is sewn identical the the bottom half of the Kombi, thanks to the owner for sharing and allowing me to post these pictures. The pants show the typical age patina seen 99.9 percent on these unworn pants, and also tailors marks..seen about 1/2 of the time.
            Attached Files

Comment

Tailor markings..and proper corded button holes, some more modern machines do not replicate these correctly. I have seen fish eye button holes on good period items, but it is the exception to the style shown. It does not seem that the pocket flaps are scalloped, mine are straight as well, but I will ask the owner for clarification. Note age patina on the pocket interior, flaps.and reverse. You almost always see this, this is nothing new. Those items which show none, and I have yet to encounter it had better be right in every other aspect.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Scott A. Hess; 05-29-2018, 01:53 AM.

Comment

Scott ,
                is yours the one that was for sale on estand a time ago ?

Comment

what is that ?

Comment

here is nearly the same type but I don't have pics fron the Inside pockets :

Comment

thanks Clint those pants look nice. The picture you circled and I posted was just a picture of the interior pocket bags as they should look, even though this is on a reproduction pair which you circled and I posted. I just posted this to contrast the pants which started the thread and to that these type of construction on the pocket interiors ( donkey ears) are wrong.

Comment

These are my original winter pants with the SS associated barcode print on the reverse side. Pocket bags exposed.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Oplan for taking the time to post and help out, much appreciated!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X