Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E-stand SS Panzer tunic

Opinions? http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=962599

I like what I see, but, as always, an inspection IRL is necessary, when it comes to uniforms today.

Comment

Originally posted by Ludwig View Post
      I like what I see, but, as always, an inspection IRL is necessary, when it comes to uniforms today.
      I agree, but unfortunately, one of the downsides of purchasing through internet forum's doesn't always allow that luxury...that said I like what I see as well, but it always helps to have as many opinions as possible before moving on an item

Comment

Check the rules, and ask the seller if he has a return policy (I think he has to, to be allowed to sell here). If the tunic is as good as it looks and is untouched, the price is very good, IMO.

Originally posted by Ottokoen View Post
        I agree, but unfortunately, one of the downsides of purchasing through internet forum's doesn't always allow that luxury...that said I like what I see as well, but it always helps to have as many opinions as possible before moving on an item

Comment

In few words what people would advise you without hurt the seller: the tunic looks good in all features, nodoby could say if it is a put together tunic and, in the case, if was an ss tunic or an heer disbadged or never badged.

Comment

Hi Ottokoen

I have one just like this. So long as the insignia are good and it looks plausible, the best you can do is think of it as a good "representative piece". It is indeed good value. If it was unquestionably original, the asking price would be treble that.

regards

macleod

Comment

Another thing, ask for the story behind the tunic. IMO a tunic like this just does´t pop up from nowhere. The tunic must stand for its own though

Comment

Wow, nice tunic and sold.
                Mine is still available on Estand for those that are in the market for a beautifully restored “Der Fuhrer” WSS Officer tunic.
                Steve

Comment

You write restored. Market doesn't want it... cause 99% do not study and prefer to buy other or dream.
                  If I must choose I would not think about not more than a second and buy your tunic.

Comment

99 % of all WSS tunics are restored. Near ZERO originally applied insignia to period WSS officers tunics are in collections today. If you guys think any different, then you are seriously mistaken and are foolish. You senior old school collectors are secretly nodding but won't chime in… However, I choose to say my tunic is "Restored" and is a perfect representative of a WSS "Der Fuhrer" Officers tunic.
                    Honesty is the best policy.
                    Steve

Comment

Originally posted by wolfslair View Post
                      99 % of all WSS tunics are restored. Near ZERO originally applied insignia to period WSS officers tunics are in collections today. If you guys think any different, then you are seriously mistaken and are foolish. You senior old school collectors are secretly nodding but won't chime in… However, I choose to say my tunic is "Restored" and is a perfect representative of a WSS "Der Fuhrer" Officers tunic.
                      Steve
                      Nothing to add.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfslair View Post
                        Steve

Comment

I remember the asking price is 6100€, right? If so, I think the price is good enough even for a restored WSS officer's tunic. Good buy!

Comment

Originally posted by alone01 View Post
                            I remember the asking price is 6100€, right? If so, I think the price is good enough even for a restored WSS officer's tunic. Good buy!
                            Agree!

Comment

By the way! If the tunic is restored, it is very skillfully done. Note that the zig zag sewing and the collar tabs are sewn at the same time.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X