Another TOTENKOPF ring...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another TOTENKOPF ring...

Were there original rings of this pattern?? Found this in a hole in the wall antique shop in Portland Oregon before I screwed my back up in Washington..
    Van
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Fantasy ring

Ric

Comment

Either Delta International or WW#2 Ltd. sold these in the 70s I remember. An acquaintance of mine used to buy a dozen at a time, fill in the pebbled area around the skull with black enamel and re-sell them.
        Erich
        Festina lente!

Comment

yes, these guys got it!,,, an old fantasy ring.. It has a sister ring with just SS runes in cartouche. Some can be 2 piece, plated brass and real enamel! . Good rule to follow,,anything that has the SS motto on it is a fake/fantasy...

Comment

However IMO there is something to take note of here. This to me is an excellent photo showing just how a cast in the round ring looks. I doubt if anyone would ever confuse this with a die struck example!
            Jim

Comment

Jim,, believe it or not,,,the very first generation were die pressed.!,, but these look cast for sure..

The old golden age collector with the AH ring, AH water colors Coburg stained glass windows and HG brooch etc. had bought the dies so no one could make more!

I have photos of the die somewhere..When I move back home I'll be able to find for sure and will post.. I think I posted on GDC years ago but those 100 topics were purged and then we had the sabotaged by a rogue Moderator incident so they're long gone ,,a shame because was lost on all forums!

Comment

Thanks guys, I didnt think it was good, appreciate the input.
                Van

Comment

G:
                  Looking forward to seeing it. That ought to muddy the waters even more!
                  Jim

Comment

This variation is one of the most common fantasy rings

Comment

It looks like an nice original!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X