M43 skull/eagle (cut from hat)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M43 skull/eagle (cut from hat)

I picked up this M43 skull and eagle from the estate of a U.S. 95th division veteran. Is this darker color skull/eagle material considered "tropical"?

Also, I'm keeping this in my personal collection but am interested in value. I have seen similar separate skull and eagles made with this darker color valued at
    $200-$300 each but I also saw one like mine that was cut as a group from the hat priced at over $1,000? I'm not sure why the huge price difference but wanted to ask if anyone is familiar on value of my piece.

All info and comments are appreciated.

Thanks.

Sammy T.
    Attached Files

Perfect examples, thanks for posting.

s/f Robert

Comment

Thanks Robert. I'm excited to have this in my collection.

Sammy T.

Comment

Originally posted by SammyT View Post
        Is this darker color skull/eagle material considered "tropical" ?

You have a very nice original M43 cut-off ... no, it is not tropical, it's the classic grey.

Cheers, Ian.

Comment

thanks Ian. I guess it's the dirt that is still on the material that makes it look that way to me. Thanks for your info.

Sammy T.

Comment

You’ve got a bargain, well done 👍

Comment

Sammy

Fantastic cutoff!!

It is not tropical. Authentic SS worn cloth tones in a certain way and has "the look" as your piece does. When you want to part with it you will have people interested such as myself.

John

Comment

Thanks John, I appreciate you taking the time to review it and comment.

Sammy T

Comment

Cut Off

That is an outstanding piece! As stated by others, not tropical insignia, but wonderful age/patina to them. You'll have to get the After Action Reports for the 95th Infantry Division and see what SS unit(s) they fought against. Maybe, you can narrow it down to a specific SS division.

Congratulations

Paul

Comment

TK Guy, that's a good idea. In addition to this and a few other SS pieces I picked up from the same Vet's estate there was a HJ dog tag which appears to be from 2nd Panzer and on the back is W.-SS. I posted it in this SS section of the forum for more information but have not heard back from anyone about it. Maybe this M34 insignia pertained to that particular dog tag?

Sammy T.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X