the term Auschwitz made ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the term Auschwitz made ?

I've seen the term used for ss cloth insignia stating that a piece was made in Auschwitz. I am not a knowledgeable on ss items and was curious as to what the difference is between an Auschwitz made ss cloth insignia and a non-Auschwitz made ss cloth insignia.

Thanks.

Sammy T.
    Last edited by SammyT; 05-22-2018, 10:58 PM.

Originally posted by SammyT View Post
    I've seen the term used for ss cloth insignia stating that a piece was made in Auschwitz. I am not a knowledgeable on ss items and was curious as to what the difference is between an Auschwitz made ss cloth insignia and a non-Auschwitz made ss cloth insignia.

Thanks.

Sammy T.
    i think you mean Dachau. SS insignia was made there, and at the end of the war, when Dauchau was liberated the veterans took a lot of mint unissued insignia. this type is known as the dachau horde.

Comment

Sal, yes, sorry, I did mean to say Dachau and I have since corrected the thread title so I don't look too much like a fool (it's late here on the East coast).

In regards to Dachau made ss cloth items, is there a certain way to distinguish between these items made in Dachau and items made elsewhere?

Sammy t.

Comment

well... I tried to correct my thread title but doesn't appear that I can change it now. ...I am the fool.

Sammy t.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X