SS Dog tag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Dog tag

Does everything look okay with this dogtag? Can anybody tell me anything about it? What division would this dogtag be attached to? Trying to find some information on this site but having a hard time finding anything.
    Attached Files

Formed in Breslau in 1941 and supplied replacements to several SS regiments. I think this one is OK.

Comment

former Sudetland unit. at first sight seems okish but netter pictures needed. Traveled quite far away! how did you obtain it, please? many of those in ground in Czech Republic

Comment

Haven't picked this up yet, waiting for good news. Maybe het more pics.

Comment

I was there when it was brought up from the ground. I washed it off. 1997,,Eastern Ukraine.... Nothing wrong with that..

Comment

Any other members like to look at the dogtag and let me know what you think.

Comment

Personally I think the tag is OK

Comment

I knew a couple of soldiers from this unit. After training they went to Wiking (Westland). Their tags looked totally different!
                However their numbers were three numbered, so perhaps tools had changed during that time.

Comment

IMO the information on this tag (letters and numbers) looks engraved.
                  Should be stamped.
                  I have photo of the same type unit dogtag but different companie ( 3 )
                  On his photo is clearly visible stamped letters and numbers.
                  I have no oportunity to post pics here but if someone can post this photo pls let me know.
                  Peter

Comment

better photo...
                    Attached Files

Comment

I offered a tag to a different person whos posting this. I offered because the guy couldn't find what he was looking for and felt bad for the guy posting all over the place.

I haven't collected tags for years but saved 20 for myself. I offered this to him. Now another person is involved and thinks he is buying the tag from this other guy!!

This is from the 6th co. I've collected tags since the 70s. Believe me the tag is fine, the tag isn't engraved it is 100% stamped.

My God the aggravation you get when you try to help someone in this hobby... Authentic SS tags are hard to come by,,I'm more than happy to put this right where it was. Thank you....,G.

Comment

Thank you Gaspere for giving this tag the thumbs up. I am the one who just bought the tag from the seller . It was just a big misunderstanding!
                        Last edited by stephen grund; 05-19-2018, 11:11 PM. Reason: text

Comment

mystery solved! My tag is from the 5th,,and is roll number 36... Dam it looks exactly , exactly like mine down to the cord hole wear!. OK great.. guess he found a real cheap one and made a bit on it,,no problem... Glad all is happy,,,enjoy.
                          Last edited by Gaspare; 05-19-2018, 11:00 PM.

Comment

"My" soldiers were in the 1. Kompanie, so that could be a reason of different look.
                            Engraved??? No chance.
                            Now seems to me, that your tag is OK, so just be happy

Comment

Thanks Ludwig, that's great news!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X