Impressions -- Part two

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Impressions -- Part two

First let me say a sincere thanks to all of You who enjoyed the first part of my Totenkopf album presentation and for all the kind words. That really makes me happy.

So here we go with some more photos from that album. I choose to open a new thread so that nobody would miss the second part.

There are quite a few photos of training. Note that they wear no insignia on their training uniforms.

In the evening enjoying a beer or two:

Another officer with a cape:

On a boat trip on the Königssee.

Almost every page has descriptions. Here is the starting page to the party rally section, which was in 1937 and not 1935 as I wrote earlier.

The tents where the TK-units were living during the rally days:

Note the big runes and all the flags. Theodor Eicke is again on that photo at the right.

Gathering and rowing up for the march into the party rally place ( Thousands of tunics, helmets and acooutrements, where are they today ?)

Comment

Theodor Eicke is reporting the Totenkopf-Verbände to Adolf Hitler.

March of the 3rd Hundertschaft

After the march in the streets of Nürnberg:

A page which he called " Die schwarze Konkurrenz" - "The black rivals" ( priests )

Finally the cover of the album. It had the eagle and skull once, but they had been removed at some time. As far as I know they had been removed very much earlier.
      I have attached a brighter shade around the areas to make them more visible to You, but on the real album they are very clear to see.

So, that's it. There are some more photos in the album, but these and the first thread are the best choice.

Kind regards
      Robert

Comment

Great pictures Robert! Thanks for sharing. I would guess that a very, very high percentage of these young men did not survive the warjeff
        Looking for a 30 '06 Chauchat magazine.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X