Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sleeve eagles again....

Hello All,

Found these together with other SS material at a show last weekend. As I still feel not 100% comfortable with my own judgement on the cloth SS items when they are not directly from the vet I ask again for the opinion of the members of the forum… Good….Bad…???

Thank you,

Marc
    Attached Files

back
    Attached Files

Comment

detail
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello Marc,

both yours eagles are good

Cheers,
        Francesco

Comment

I also feel these to be good eagles. I see nothing wrong.

Comment

Yes these are all correct and that bottom taged one is a real beauty!

Comment

Thank you very much. Glad I bought them!

Marc

Comment

Seeing that the tagged one is an early one...can somebody tell me what the major design differences are on early wool eagles as opposed to the later ones?

Comment

Look at the head,the "hammer" head eagles were earlier designs and very handsome compared to the later versions.The one above seems to be a third variant of the hammer head.

Comment

Originally posted by John Pic
                    Look at the head,the "hammer" head eagles were earlier designs and very handsome compared to the later versions.The one above seems to be a third variant of the hammer head.
                    Hi John..thanks for that info...I see what you mean now...also it looks like the inner part of the wings (the part right next to the chest) has a more solid look to it with regard to the stitching.

John

Comment

The earlier eagles were done much better than the later ones also note that the neck on the two early birds is longer

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X