Clear All

Smart looking chap.

Comment

Thanks guys for your post.

Robert
      Attached Files

Comment

Great set-up.

Still missing: USD 1,000.00 plus SS issue black tie!

Cheers!

Markus

Comment

i dont know cloth well but i really like the binos and case

Comment

Originally posted by Hundestaffel View Post
            Amazing that one of the best SS Panzer ensembles ever to be posted on the WAF gets so very little attention and / or accolades.

Sad that threads like this get so little traffic while "Is this SS Spoon Real ??" threads get a million views, comments and debates that go on for waaay too long...

RBailey, this is one Heck of a Rip Roarin' SS TK Panzer set
            Couldn’t agree more with you Hundestaffel with regards to some of the posts like the “spoons” one. I think we’d all like to see more posts presented this way.
            10 out of 10 Robert.

Comment

Actually, I’d love one like this in my living room, but maybe my other half might might object!

Comment

a dream to own! this setup is among the best here ! I envy you !

Comment

Thanks guys for your replies. Your responses are greatly appreciated. I have been able to find the correct arms and feet for the mannequin, so it will appear taller than previous post. This mannequin is about 6 feet tall, which seems close to the actual size of the soldier who wore the uniform. All items are authentic EXCEPT for the tie.
                  I am still looking for the proper tie.

Thanks,

Robert
                  Attached Files

Comment

Great! Nice you went for the tie!

Any Hugo Boss tie will do just fine for the time being!

Markus

Comment

Thanks Markus.
                      I am not in a hurry to find one, since the ties were not always used. They are rare and very expensive, one will show up sometime in the future.

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by RBailey View Post
                        Thanks Markus.
                        I am not in a hurry to find one, since the ties were not always used. They are rare and very expensive, one will show up sometime in the future.

Robert
                        ss taged tie was used by pre war allgemeine ss only ,so you dont need one at all .

Comment

With a tag or not, they did wear ties on certain occasions. Like I said, it is not a top priority for me.

Robert
                          Attached Files

Comment

SS Totenkopf

Nice pics!
                            Could it be that the nco and pic of the officer below are the same guy?

Comment

I use an Italian turtleneck pullover on my Uscha. Gustav B., 9./5. SS-Pz-Rgt 12 "HJ" display. He probably wore it like that when he was captured in the Ardennes.

Shirt and tie look best on mannequins in my own personal opinion though.

Best,
                              Markus
                              Last edited by markus; 05-14-2018, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Does anyone dispute that the tab is a Dachau pattern Totenkopf tab?

I am unaware of any wartime images of a Dachau pattern Totenkopf tab being worn.

My understanding is that this pattern of Totenkopf tab was never issued. They were produced for the expected new recruits in 1945/46, that was all part of Himmler's delusion of re-building the 3. SS-Panzer-Division Totenkopf and the SS-Totenkopfverbande after the "Great Victory".

Can someone produce a single period photo of a Dachau pattern Totenkopf tab being worn in a wartime photo?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X