Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ss officers arm eagle

Hi guys,
    i was never good with these, but is this one ok?
    some people say its 80tes american fake

cheers
    Attached Files

That appears to be an original , the fakes were rather crude and glow under UV

Comment

Thanks John,
      Anyone else would like to share an opinion?
      Attached Files

Comment

As i said in a similar thread; If John says this or any eagle is ok then it is ok. Even if ten people says it is bad, you shall still listen to John. Simple as that

Comment

Nothing wrong with that bird.........Very nice example.

Comment

interesting cross opinions with those here

http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/ss-uni...ussion-697309/

again, i know nothing about officers eagles so i just listen to profis.
            Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Petra View Post
              interesting cross opinions with those here

http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/ss-uni...ussion-697309/

again, i know nothing about officers eagles so i just listen to profis.
              Cheers
              Yes, and who are these people saying no to the eagle? Some random posters as I see it.

So you can choose to listen to them of whom we know nothing, or you can listen to John who has a proven track record on being an expert on eagles.

Your choice.

Comment

Please no offense,
                what i want is just to finally after some years of collecting be able to spot these on my own.
                Thats why im interested to know more and more details about spotting originals.
                And i still have problems with it. thats why im asking. By the way the answer comes from forum administrator.
                Cheers

Originally posted by Stangell View Post
                Yes, and who are these people saying no to the eagle? Some random posters as I see it.

So you can choose to listen to them of whom we know nothing, or you can listen to John who has a proven track record on being an expert on eagles.

Your choice.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Petra View Post
                  Please no offense,
                  what i want is just to finally after some years of collecting be able to spot these on my own.
                  Thats why im interested to know more and more details about spotting originals.
                  And i still have problems with it. thats why im asking. By the way the answer comes from forum administrator.
                  Cheers
                  Oh, no offense taken at all!

I fully understand your position and it is good to be careful since there are so much money involved.

But if you have problems with it, then just walk away and buy some other eagle as there are many nice ones out there. And if you have a bad feeling about it now, for whatever reason, you will have that feeling when you get it too.
                  The problem is also that people in general is not eager to tell what to look for in originals as it can also teach the fakers.

That is why I think you shall veigh Johns opinions ten times higher than some Forum admin or any one else for that matter.

Just want you to know who to trust here in this specific field of collecting, since most of us don't know our forum colleagues in person.
                  Last edited by Stangell; 04-24-2018, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Thanks Stangell, much appriciated all the help i got here
                    we learn every day. I hope I as well will be able to spot the fake officers eagles some day

Comment

Be very carefull with the wording of peoples opinions as well...John never said it was real, he said it "appears" to be real....
                      The reality is that the only person on this thread that states for a fact that it's real is 11C.

Sometimes by not reading exactly what is written, it will come back to bite you when the time comes to resell it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonderkommando View Post
                        Be very carefull with the wording of peoples opinions as well...John never said it was real, he said it "appears" to be real....
                        The reality is that the only person on this thread that states for a fact that it's real is 11C.

Sometimes by not reading exactly what is written, it will come back to bite you when the time comes to resell it.
                        Very good point and very good advise,

Chris

Comment

The wing feathers embroidered separate are a good sign this eagle may be real.

Comment

Here's another observation you can consider about loose, mint eagles such as this one:
                            They were not sewed on a tunic because they may have had a flaw and were not acceptable to the tailor or the possible purchaser.
                            This bird has a stitching flaw on the lower body near its left leg. This may be the reason it was not used on a tunic and is still in mint condition. Fake birds are usually more "perfect".... The rest of its construction is "spot on" IMO.

This particular pattern eagle is seen on Reinhard Heydrich's formal portrait. (Sorry cannot post pictures to this site)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reinha...d_Heydrich.jpg
                            Last edited by 11C; 05-04-2018, 01:20 AM.

Comment

Hi all and thanks for replies,
                              Yes i also consider the possibility, that each eagle being hand made to be sligtly different to the others as they are not copy paste printing style produced as BEVO items.
                              I also looked at the Hyidrich s Photo and yes, his tunic has this pattern of eagles.
                              Here is one more, not so good colored, but it helps,

Cheers
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X